PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Game on for the College Mansion Finals

Penn State’s Dakota K up against a coed from Wisconsin-River Falls.

As I mentioned before, she’s a Phyrst bartender so you can’t get any more PSU than that.

And there is a board connection because College Mansion’s CEO is Dave Luber, Ben’s brother. Plus, she played hoops for State High.

Go here to vote.

Go here to relive her literal last minute win last night.

Lar i don’t know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy. I had pretty much the entire board picked out as random strangers in the crowd based on my own personal perceptions of them over the years. But tell me, were you sitting down on the floor near the one hoop, in the endzone of the arena? I’m sure this had to be you, even though I have literally zero idea what you look like.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475”]Lar i don’t know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy. I had pretty much the entire board picked out as random strangers in the crowd based on my own personal perceptions of them over the years. But tell me, were you sitting down on the floor near the one hoop, in the endzone of the arena? I’m sure this had to be you, even though I have literally zero idea what you look like.[/quote]
Well, here is a picture pulled from facebook. I embedded the link and al like Lar did in the other thread, so I assume posting this is fair game now:

EDIT: That photo existed long enough to serve its purpose.

shoot. not him. actually the guy i saw could have been him 15-20 years ago, but this guy was younger looking.

Everything I thought I knew is now over.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1475”]the guy i saw could have been him 15-20 years ago, but this guy was younger looking.

Everything I thought I knew is now over.[/quote]

He does seem rather mysterious. Perhaps he ages like Benjamin Button. Everything you know could still be right. :slight_smile:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1475"]the guy i saw could have been him 15-20 years ago, but this guy was younger looking.

Everything I thought I knew is now over.[/quote]

He does seem rather mysterious. Perhaps he ages like Benjamin Button. Everything you know could still be right. :slight_smile:

You make a great point, perhaps there is hope still

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475”]Lar i don’t know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy. [/quote]

:’( :’( I’m much younger and much younger looking than Larry! ;D

Lar i don't know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy.

According to your sig, Cappy was born ('66) about when Lar graduated from PSU ('67). Facebook knows all.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475"]Lar i don't know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy.[/quote]

According to your sig, Cappy was born ('66) about when Lar graduated from PSU ('67). Facebook knows all.

Actually, I was born in 1954. The date on that sig is the date of the first PSU hoops game I ever attended. :slight_smile:

I always heard people call cappy old. Just figured he was elderly, like a sweet old grandfather type figure.

Lar has always been the dirty perverted uncle in my head, probably drives an old conversion van with a bed in the back around campus looking for lost freshmen girls he can assist. :wink:

I think you have me confused with pap17754. ;D

[quote="Craftsy21, post:10, topic:1475"]I always heard people call cappy old. Just figured he was elderly, like a sweet old grandfather type figure.[/quote]

I think you have me confused with pap17754. ;D

Perhaps. We’re going to have to get t-shirts with our names on the back for the rest of the games this year. Or have one of those Damon’s pre-game meetups I used to hear so much about.

I think it’s a lot different. Lar posted a pic of a bunch of random sorority girls. He didn’t list all their names and where you can easily find them.

Cappy is a younger guy.

If you find him, I’m nearby. :wink:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475"]I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy. I had pretty much the entire board picked out as random strangers in the crowd based on my own personal perceptions of them over the years. But tell me, were you sitting down on the floor near the one hoop, in the endzone of the arena? I'm sure this had to be you, even though I have literally zero idea what you look like.[/quote]

Cappy is a younger guy.

Like a sidekick?

Exactly!

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475"]Lar i don't know you outside of board interactions, but I assigned you to a real life person at the game on Sunday as I tried to find the guy with the Ipad posting about the game.

I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy.[/quote]

Actually, I was born in 1954. The date on that sig is the date of the first PSU hoops game I ever attended. :slight_smile:

That was a great year - Penn State hoops made the final 4, my father was born, AND now I find out that Cappy was born that same year? Talk about the Golden Years :wink:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1475"]I also saw you go talk to a very older guy that I envision as being Cappy. I had pretty much the entire board picked out as random strangers in the crowd based on my own personal perceptions of them over the years. But tell me, were you sitting down on the floor near the one hoop, in the endzone of the arena? I'm sure this had to be you, even though I have literally zero idea what you look like.[/quote]

Cappy is a younger guy.

I’m not far from Cappy either.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:1475”]Penn State’s Dakota K up against a coed from Wisconsin-River Falls.

As I mentioned before, she’s a Phyrst bartender so you can’t get any more PSU than that.

And there is a board connection because College Mansion’s CEO is Dave Luber, Ben’s brother. Plus, she played hoops for State High.

Go here to vote.

Go here to relive her literal last minute win last night.

[/quote]

Just a couple of hours left to vote and just a few hundred votes separate the two. Dakota has surprisingly trailed the whole contest (her opponent already has five times as many votes as she did in the semifinals) but she’s been gaining ground the last few hours. Here’s your chance to help her win five grand.

Go here to vote

Congrats to DK. Overtakes her opponent in the last half hour to win by 3000 votes.

Now I can go watch some hoops for the rest of the night. ;D