OT: Football Assistant Coaches

I have to say - if there is any truth to this it would be very hard to stomach… but I don’t know how much longer PSU can expect to hold on to all these guys as position coaches while Joe chases infinity wins

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/525742.html?nav=742

PSU football assts coaches are “dream jobs.” They are VERY well paid and have something NO OTHER assts anyplace have…job security.

that’s true - but Johnson was listening to Illinois about their DC position last year, I think he wants to move up. Losing him would really hurt, he is an off the charts recruiter, he owns the Washington DC area. PSU would have a very hard time trying to replace him if he left

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:592"]PSU football assts coaches are "dream jobs." They are VERY well paid and have something NO OTHER assts anyplace have...............job security.[/quote]

that’s true - but Johnson was listening to Illinois about their DC position last year, I think he wants to move up. Losing him would really hurt, he is an off the charts recruiter, he owns the Washington DC area. PSU would have a very hard time trying to replace him if he left

True, He listened…BUT stayed! This showed how much he likes his PSU job.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:592"]PSU football assts coaches are "dream jobs." They are VERY well paid and have something NO OTHER assts anyplace have...............job security.[/quote]

True, He listened…BUT stayed! This showed how much he likes his PSU job.

Yeah - but that was also not a great situation (DC at Illinois working for Zook), I’m not sure this is comparable. This is more like a stepping stone to HC somewhere else (major). It bothers me that Bradley said he doesn’t know if Johnson is involved, and mentioned Vanderlinden too

Hey, I hope he does not leave! But, if he goes…he goes. Life will go on.

I’d hate to lose any of those guys. But it would be awfully hard to turn down Florida. With the talent in their recruiting base, it’s an opportunity to work with the best.

Yeah, BUT… Let’s look at LJ. He 62 years old (I think.) Does he want to leave and start over? Does his wife? Where do the kids live? What are his retirement plans? How is his health? He is really over weight.
It’s not that LJ has a bad job at PSU!! Working for Urban Meyer? To me Meyer has all the sincerity of a TV minister or a used car saleman.

I agree with Tundra. The Maryland job if Fridge got fired would have been a great fit for him tho.

Why do I have a feeling that Meyer is not coming back? I think he is kind of pulling a fast one. First he retires and then after he realizes that most of the recruits will bolt UF he unretires but is going to pick a hand picked successor and take a leave of absence. I mean I think he is doing a great thing for his assistants but I just think he is leading the recruits on to help his guys.

I just don’t see Meyer as a guy that quits (with no pay) a 3 Million a year job. He should “be able to” with the money he has earned in the past. BUT, I see him as a BSer power and money broker!