PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Five Things Nebraska Fans Should Know About This Penn State WVB Team

If you’re a women’s college volleyball fans who has been living in a yurt in Zavkhan province, Mongolia, you may not know that #1-ranked Nebraska will battle #8-ranked Penn State in Rec Hall on October 29th at 8:00 p.m. ET (it will be broadcast live on BTN).

We checked with RaymondLuxuryYacht, and he hasn’t been (living in a yurt) and not only did he know about the upcoming match, he had five things he wanted to tell Nebraska fans about this year’s Nittany Lions. Here’s a link to his list: http://www.dignittanyvolleyball.com/2011/10/27/five-things-nebraska-fans-should-know-about-this-penn-state-team-womens-volleyball-october-29-2011/

The state of Nebraska doesn’t have much to cheer for outside of the University itself. So while people of the state of Pennsylvania have seven professional sports teams and many, many other major college teams and minor league sports, the University of Nebraska and its athletics program is pretty much it for the entire state (outside of Creighton basketball and the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league baseball team).

I don’t think you’ll ever see a similar post on our womens volleyball team originating out of our own fan base, let alone one on the opposing team.

Nice artice, nonetheless. Looking forward to a sensational match on Saturday night.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2757”]The state of Nebraska doesn’t have much to cheer for outside of the University itself. So while people of the state of Pennsylvania have seven professional sports teams and many, many other major college teams and minor league sports, the University of Nebraska and its athletics program is pretty much it for the entire state (outside of Creighton basketball and the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league baseball team).

I don’t think you’ll ever see a similar post on our womens volleyball team originating out of our own fan base, let alone one on the opposing team.

Nice artice, nonetheless. Looking forward to a sensational match on Saturday night.[/quote]

???

That post was by one of our guys, specifically nylion.

Oops…sorry nyline…

Do we have a “foot in the mouth” emoticon? Insert here

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2757"]The state of Nebraska doesn't have much to cheer for outside of the University itself. So while people of the state of Pennsylvania have seven professional sports teams and many, many other major college teams and minor league sports, the University of Nebraska and its athletics program is pretty much it for the entire state (outside of Creighton basketball and the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league baseball team).

Nice artice, nonetheless. Looking forward to a sensational match on Saturday night.[/quote]

???

That post was by one of our guys, specifically nylion.

It would have been nylion, but whenever I signed up for whatever I signed up for, nylion was taken. So I went with nyline for very obscure reasons lost in the mists of time.

Lions “upset” Nebraska 3-1 tonight.

The team that showed up tonight was very definitely not the one that took the court on Friday night.

For those who did not know (especially those Philadelphia Philles fans out there)

…Nebraska has a player named Hannah Werth (the really good one with the googles).

She is the younger sister of former Phillie and current Nattie player Jayson Werth.

She’s got it all… a 30" vert and a filthy rich sibling !!!

I am currently in Lincoln, NE. I’ll give you a little insight in to what’s going on…

Lauren Cook, Nebraska’s starting setter, is in some legal trouble. The night after the Penn State game, she was home and was in a traffic accident. She was driving without a liscence, hit a couple of motorcyclist, and fleed the scene.

She is replaced by a walk-on. The next few games could be rough for the Huskers, and Penn State could find itself back in first place soon.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:9, topic:2757”]I am currently in Lincoln, NE. I’ll give you a little insight in to what’s going on…

Lauren Cook, Nebraska’s starting setter, is in some legal trouble. The night after the Penn State game, she was home and was in a traffic accident. She was driving without a liscence, hit a couple of motorcyclist, and fleed the scene.

She is replaced by a walk-on. The next few games could be rough for the Huskers, and Penn State could find itself back in first place soon.[/quote]

It is unclear whether her license was still suspended the day of the accident (there is some talk that she had completed the course necessary for it to be reinstated and had been told it had been; don’t know if that’s true). Also, she failed to stop at the site of the accident, but “fled the scene” is a conclusion that hasn’t been established. It may be true, but I don’t believe we know that (if that’s the operative statutory language, then “nevermind” on that one).

I am currently in Lincoln, NE. I'll give you a little insight in to what's going on...

She is replaced by a walk-on. The next few games could be rough for the Huskers, and Penn State could find itself back in first place soon.

It is unclear whether her license was still suspended the day of the accident (there is some talk that she had completed the course necessary for it to be reinstated and had been told it had been; don’t know if that’s true). Also, she failed to stop at the site of the accident, but “fled the scene” is a conclusion that hasn’t been established. It may be true, but I don’t believe we know that (if that’s the operative statutory language, then “nevermind” on that one).

Yes, there are a lot of other issues surrounding the situation. From what I understand, after she hit the cyclists, she took off and drove a mile down the road, then called it in about 10 minutes later. I’m not judging innocence or guilt, just saying that she may be out for a while.

The Nits didn’t help their cause at all today with a 3 set loss to Wisconsin.

It was a loss, UncleLar, but a five-setter. Still, not a good loss.

The Nits didn't help their cause at all today with a 3 set loss to Wisconsin.

Another Sandusky moment. :-[

[quote="UncleLar, post:12, topic:2757"]The Nits didn't help their cause at all today with a 3 set loss to Wisconsin.[/quote]

This has been a bad day for you. Is the Tavern out of Rolling Rock or something?

[quote="UncleLar, post:12, topic:2757"]The Nits didn't help their cause at all today with a 3 set loss to Wisconsin.[/quote]

This has been a bad day for you. Is the Tavern out of Rolling Rock or something?

Maybe that’s it. Went to a wedding yesterday. No Rolling Rock - had to drink Magic Hat.

Maybe that’s it. Went to a wedding yesterday. No Rolling Rock - had to drink Magic Hat.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

I live right behind Scratch Bakery, a nationally recognized bakery started by one of the founders of Magic Hat. Just thought I’d throw that in here.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Two of the three I tried weren’t bad, the third not so good. One of the OK ones was #9. I don’t remember what the other two were.

Penn State had 52 errors (attack errors, service errors, blocking errors and ball handling errors) to 34 for Wisconsin. Those stats mean you lose.