OT: Evan Turner in Runaway

Justified, IMO. I never got the whole John Wall thing. Clearly a talented player, but KY has 5 guys entering the draft. It just seems like he was anointed before he played. Anyway, Turner hasn’t made up his mind on returning? My bet is he enters draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5049701

I think he is very justified especially after seeing OSU without him when he was injured.

What I am not getting is the Boeheim getting COY thing. The guy has tremendous talent at the Cuse and got bounced from both the Big East Tourney and the NCAA’s. How did Butler’s coach not in it?

I think Turner will be a “fool” not to go! I think he is just waiting…for “effect.” Seems like that type of kid.
The thing about Cuse was preseason they were not rated very high. I guess no one knew how good Johnson was. BUT, ya they had a lot of talent.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1085”]I think he is very justified especially after seeing OSU without him when he was injured.

What I am not getting is the Boeheim getting COY thing. The guy has tremendous talent at the Cuse and got bounced from both the Big East Tourney and the NCAA’s. How did Butler’s coach not in it?[/quote]

yeah, don’t get Boeheim as COY either. remember Huggins is in the same conference. How could Boeheim even be above Huggins this year? that one just doesn’t make sense at all.

Alford came in 3rd in the COY. He signed a 10 year contract extension at NM. Not that it means much.

I don’t agree with it either, but I suppose the justification is: Syracuse wasn’t ranked in the Top 25 and they were picked to finish 6th in the BE.

If they made it to the Elite 8 or Final 4 I could definitely see this but…

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1085"]What I am not getting is the Boeheim getting COY thing. The guy has tremendous talent at the Cuse and got bounced from both the Big East Tourney and the NCAA's. How did Butler's coach not in it?[/quote]

I don’t agree with it either, but I suppose the justification is: Syracuse wasn’t ranked in the Top 25 and they were picked to finish 6th in the BE.

so the writers were wrong, and wrong again when they ranked Syracuse #1. Don’t know how it gets Boeheim COY

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:1, topic:1085”]Justified, IMO. I never got the whole John Wall thing. Clearly a talented player, but KY has 5 guys entering the draft. It just seems like he was anointed before he played. Anyway, Turner hasn’t made up his mind on returning? My bet is he enters draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5049701[/quote]

Neither Turner nor Wall said that they made up their mind, but they are both going. I guess they just like to have a little drama.