PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Entourage Season 8

Who else here is pumped for Season 8 of Entourage? The last season, only eight episodes, and they have a lot to get done. Posted is the trailer released by HBO.

[flash=200,200]Entourage: Season 8 - Extended Trailer (HBO)

I think it’s interesting to note that the start of this season (judging from the trailer) is going to kick off with Vince either in rehab, or just getting out of rehab. So if you can remember how Entourage Season 7 ended, we have a lot of questions to be answered.

Where do Ari, and his wife stand (tried to remember her name, looked online, and apparently, she’s never been called by her first name on the show, weird. I feel like I’m missing something)?
How has Ari survived the sexual harassment lawsuits, and did he clean up his public image?
How are E, and Sloan getting along as a newly married couple, or are they even married yet?
Is Drama adjusting well to his new life as a cartoon voice, rather than as a actor?
Is Billy Walsh back to living a life closer to his old style with Joey Bananas around, or is he remaining the honest family man?
Is Turtle still with Alex, and if not, is Jamie Lynn set to reappear in the series (I’ve wanted these two to be together since Turtle’s heart was broken in Season 6)?
Will Vince feel the urge to get back into cocaine, or will rehab change him?
Where does Vince stand with Airwalker, did the studio get someone else (I would say the studio got someone else, but hey, you never know)?
Are Scott Lavin, and E still at each other’s throats, or do they get along again? This friendship is always incredibly off, and on.
Did Scott, E, and the rest of Murray Berenson’s group finally take over? Or is Murray still the man in charge?

I’m sure I could come up with more questions, but this all came up off the top of my head. Get excited!

The show has gotten so laughably bad the last few seasons, especially the last. With just 8 episodes (and a movie, supposedly) left I’m going to finish what I started but it’s hard to really give a crap at this point.

In much more exciting news, Breaking Bad and Curb Your Enthusiasm are also on tonight.

Never expected to see a topic about Entourage on here… strange.

That episode was meh. It seems like a complete waste of the 8 they have left. If they don’t get to some plot lines this show’s not going to have anything happen before it ends.

I was a big fan of this episode, and thought they answered a lot of the questions I have. No plot lines? Vince looks like he’s going to write a movie, E and Sloan are no longer together, Ari has to find a way to deal with his separated wife seeing another man, will Johnny continue to act like the over protective big brother? Hell, will Vince’s life get back on track? There’s a ton of plot still left in the show, it was certainly better than almost anything in season 7.

Craftsy, I disagree that it’s “laughably bad” for the past few seasons because the only season I’ve really been disappointed with was the seventh. That was easily their worst effort.

No matter the topic, someone here will pee on it. And we’re not even that big! :slight_smile:

He asked, I answered. It’s not as personal as “peeing” on it, it’s just an opinion. The whole point of these places, so I’ve always thought.

No matter the topic, someone here will pee on it. And we're not even that big! :)

He asked, I answered. It’s not as personal as “peeing” on it, it’s just an opinion. The whole point of these places, so I’ve always thought.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, hence the :slight_smile:

Mmmkay.

That episode was meh. It seems like a complete waste of the 8 they have left. If they don't get to some plot lines this show's not going to have anything happen before it ends.

I was a big fan of this episode, and thought they answered a lot of the questions I have. No plot lines? Vince looks like he’s going to write a movie, E and Sloan are no longer together, Ari has to find a way to deal with his separated wife seeing another man, will Johnny continue to act like the over protective big brother? Hell, will Vince’s life get back on track? There’s a ton of plot still left in the show, it was certainly better than almost anything in season 7.

Craftsy, I disagree that it’s “laughably bad” for the past few seasons because the only season I’ve really been disappointed with was the seventh. That was easily their worst effort.

Perhaps my evaluation of the show was different from most, just because of how I think it’s going to end. To me all of these plots seem like merely speed bumps. It’s almost like they’re fabricating conflict because everyone complained that nothing bad ever happened to them, but that’s why I liked the show. I liked how it was always a “happy ending” and didn’t care if there weren’t any high stakes for their “problems” because they don’t need them. Vinny is supposed to be an A list actor, why does he need huge conflict in his life? It felt like the end of the show last night was an attempt to make it seem like they’d all hit rock bottom, but I just don’t buy it. At the end of the day Eric will get back with Sloan, Ari will get back with his wife, Vinny will find a huge movie to do, Drama will continue to be his nutty self, and Turtle will continue to do Turtle things. That’s the show, and if they end the series doing something very out of character, they’re going to piss a lot of people off.

Liked the Episode. Last season was horrible but that I think came from poor writing. From everything I’ve heard and from the actor’s mouths it seems this season is going to be more upbeat and and fast paced. Last season just had a dreary tone. Need to go back to what made the show so great to begin with. I think it will end well. A lot at stake going into the movie.

I am thinking Dexter will be pretty kickass this season also.

Curb was really good last night. The premiere of Curb this year was one of the best episodes of anything I’ve seen in a while.

Along with Modern Family, these are really the shows I pay attention to.

I am hoping something like Lost comes around again, though it kind of went out with a wimper. That was some of the most captivating television ever when it first came out.

Breaking Bad is about as captivating as it gets, but maybe that’s just me.

[quote=“BeerNitLion, post:10, topic:2566”]Liked the Episode. Last season was horrible but that I think came from poor writing. From everything I’ve heard and from the actor’s mouths it seems this season is going to be more upbeat and and fast paced. Last season just had a dreary tone. Need to go back to what made the show so great to begin with. I think it will end well. A lot at stake going into the movie.

I am thinking Dexter will be pretty kickass this season also.

Curb was really good last night. The premiere of Curb this year was one of the best episodes of anything I’ve seen in a while.

Along with Modern Family, these are really the shows I pay attention to.

I am hoping something like Lost comes around again, though it kind of went out with a wimper. That was some of the most captivating television ever when it first came out.[/quote]

I’ve never seen Entourage or Dexter, but Curb and Modern Family are both top notch comedies.

On second thought, let me say that I personally enjoy Curb and Modern Family very much. I’d hate to get into an argument over what a “top notch” comedy is ;D

I think that each season of Entourage alternates between Vince being at rock bottom or on top of the world. I would think that he ends up on top of the world at the end of season 8. I did not care for last nights episode. I needed more naked chicks and celebrities on the show.

Agreed. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Damages, even Fringe to a lesser extent are all great shows imo. Very rewarding to watch, but all demand a lot of your attention.

As far as top notch comedies? It’s simple:

Curb, Seinfeld, Arrested Development… nothing else is in that stratosphere as far as I’m concerned. All get better the more you watch them.

I can’t wait for the Arrested Development movie. That show just had a very weird lifespan. It was one of the funniest shows of all time and it might have went out the way it should have. It actually was peaking in interest and LOLness when it was canceled.

That movie is going to be blockbuster and hopefully stays true to the show.

I want a Soprano’s movie too just because I loved it and there is a story to be told still.

[quote=“BeerNitLion, post:15, topic:2566”]I can’t wait for the Arrested Development movie. That show just had a very weird lifespan. It was one of the funniest shows of all time and it might have went out the way it should have. It actually was peaking in interest and LOLness when it was canceled.

That movie is going to be blockbuster and hopefully stays true to the show.

I want a Soprano’s movie too just because I loved it and there is a story to be told still.[/quote]

There is going to be an Arrested Development movie? SWEET! :slight_smile:

Yeah and the entire cast is in. It should happen be happening next year. They all seem excited about it but kind of have locked lips. Get excited!

Tonight’s episode was awesome. Great ending, and even though I thought the suicide by Ernst was predictable, it still was a great close. Ari & Dana, Turtle leaving Avion, Dice leaving Johnny’s Bananas. Just a big night. A ton of stuff happened tonight, and even though Ari has been horrible towards women, it’s great to see him smile. Turtle’s urgency after the bang to bust down the door was perfectly timed. Nothing but props for tonight’s episode.

[flash=200,200]Fonzie jumps the shark

Just saying.

What made the show was a group of buddies living the good life of fame. Drug addiction, suicide, and divorce aren’t really anywhere the show needed to go in my opinion.

Drug Addiction, Suicide (not to any major character), and the divorce are all subplots. Everything branches off the relationship these guys have together. The drug addiction tested Vince’s friendship with everyone close to him. E’s business relationship with Johnny, and his friendship with him are still tested. There are many different subplots, but at the end of the day, the whole show is revolving around the core four’s relationships with each other.