OT:Eagle Academy

NGameday, saw this topic, and was replying, but it disappeared. Here’s roster on Eagle Academy. I don’t know the school, but they play in “AA” in the PSAL, in the Bronx. Each borough has their own bracket. I think Brooklyn(Lincoln), Manhattan and Queens are usually strongest.

Are we recruiting from there?

http://www.psal.org/psalsports/team/psal_teamprofile.asp?cschool=09458&csport=001

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:1, topic:1114”]NGameday, saw this topic, and was replying, but it disappeared. Here’s roster on Eagle Academy. I don’t know the school, but they play in “AA” in the PSAL, in the Bronx. Each borough has their own bracket. I think Brooklyn(Lincoln), Manhattan and Queens are usually strongest.

Are we recruiting from there?

http://www.psal.org/psalsports/team/psal_teamprofile.asp?cschool=09458&csport=002

Sorry, that’s the JV. Here’s the varsity link. Have to search for roster.

http://www.psal.org/psalsports/sport/psal_sppage.aspx?csport=001[/quote]

Sorry Kid, I miss hit a key and ended up deleting the post. For whatever reason ( I had this problem too) the link for Varsity leads to the JV team. But the Varsity squad is here http://www.psal.org/psalsports/team/psal_teamprofile.asp?cschool=09458&csport=001

In a very sort of random way, I ran into Keithroy Edwards on twitter. He doesn’t seem to have any numbers what so ever, but he had tweeted he was between Penn State, Texas, and Binghamton for college ball. Now, it could be his wishful thinking, seeing how he graduates next year, but I figured I’d look into it. As of right now there is next to nothing on him so I imagine he falls under the catagory of “interested” but without an offer.

I figured you might know something about the area, since you seem to know things about everywhere…but as SpikeTheKoolAid would like to remind you…you might only be alive,on the board, and breathing, for Talor Battle :wink:

It is looking more and more like a small blip on the screen, but I figured I’d pass it on.

NG, I’ve erased posts accidentally…though some whole threads on purpose. Looks like that Stedman Allen is a real player on that team. 16ppg and 11rpg pretty good in the rough and tumble city league. Not sure Lance Stephenson averaged 20ppg, and he’s the #1 all time scorer in NYS history. I think JFK is usually the name I often see from the Bronx. I see Eagle is just a few blocks north and east of Yankee Stadium, at least where they play their home games, Bronx School of Law/Eagle Academy Gym. It’s on 164th St., Yankee Stadium is at 161st St. That’s a kind of rough area, though haven’t been there in awhile. Probably only 30-40 minutes from where I work.

Keithroy has to up his numbers, no? To maybe single digits.? :wink:

Texas, Penn State, and Binghamton? What kind of list of schools is that? Throw in the fact that there’s nothing on the kid…

Gotta give the kid credit for diversity of choices. :slight_smile: Been looking at some of the PSAL rosters, see who scored how much, etc. I see Lincoln has Ethan Telfair, probably Sebastian’s brother who also attended. They also have 3 players named Shaquille. Makes it tough running practices.

Haha…I didn’t say he was the second coming of battle.

[quote="eric17, post:4, topic:1114"]Texas, Penn State, and Binghamton? What kind of list of schools is that? Throw in the fact that there's nothing on the kid............[/quote]

Haha…I didn’t say he was the second coming of battle.

Binghamton is interesting cause 5 players or so, including Tiki Mayben were kicked out due to drugs, the coach is on suspension, and suing, if I remember correctly, to get his job back. Not sure he (or anybody) is doing much recruiting for them, but there’s probably some roster spots. :wink:

In simpler terms, what I’m saying is, the kid’s full of sh*t.

The more I talked to him the more I realized that.It was around the part when he said he could ball better than Battle even though he averaged like -.5 ppg