PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Congratulations Joseph Vincent Paterno

Number 400 – They sure didn’t do it the easy way. But what a game.

I teared up… and I’m a relatively young fan. I want a framed picture of the team putting him on their shoulders. Classic.

good game. congrats joe. now retire please. thanks.

blog.pennlive.com video: Penn State coach Joe Paterno’s 400th win celebration

David Jones: Lions’ tenacity emblematic of their coach in No. 400

I was thinking this same thing on that 91 yard drive. I felt if we could get a touchdown, we’d have a chance. We got the ball to start the second half. That touchdown pass / catch with 3 seconds left in the first half might have been the most important play of the game, if not the season. Not sure we have the same momentum if we settle for 3 there.

BTW, ESPNU will be showing a replay of yesterday’s PSU-NU game tonight @ 6:30 PM.

I actually turned off the TV to go do some yard work half way through the PSU drive to end the half. When I came back in, CBS was doing a half time report and they said 21-7 so I went back and watched it (was recording it).

Without that TD, I’m not so sure PSU mounts their come back.

I actually have thought now for a couple of weeks that McGloin really reminds me of Zach Mills. There’s a lot of differences in their actual play and abilities, don’t get me wrong. But they both have that gunslinger, supremely confident swagger to their game.

Joe Paterno - 400 Wins

It really hit me when they showed the dates of the milestone wins (100,200, 300, etc) I was a student when he hit 300. I’m in my 40’s now. That seemed like ages ago to me. And that was only about 1/4th of the total. Amazing.

Congratulations Joe.

You can stay as long as you like.

Were you an older student? Win 300 was in 1998. I had already graduated by then and I’m only in my mid-30’s now…

In any case, congrats to JoePa and the football team. It was a great win, and really showed a fighting spirit that was lacking in the last game I attended (vs. Illinois). Hopefully they can carry that momentum into next weekend and knock out OSU!

[quote="MarkH, post:10, topic:1455"]It really hit me when they showed the dates of the milestone wins (100,200, 300, etc) I was a student when he hit 300. I'm in my 40's now. That seemed like ages ago to me. And that was only about 1/4th of the total. Amazing.[/quote]

Were you an older student? Win 300 was in 1998. I had already graduated by then and I’m only in my mid-30’s now…

In any case, congrats to JoePa and the football team. It was a great win, and really showed a fighting spirit that was lacking in the last game I attended (vs. Illinois). Hopefully they can carry that momentum into next weekend and knock out OSU!

You know what, you’re right… I must have read that wrong and got 98 confused with 89. When was win 200? I was in school 88-92. I bet that was it. OK, so I’m not THAT old yet! :-[
[quote="MarkH, post:10, topic:1455"]It really hit me when they showed the dates of the milestone wins (100,200, 300, etc) I was a student when he hit 300. I'm in my 40's now. That seemed like ages ago to me. And that was only about 1/4th of the total. Amazing.[/quote]

You know what, you’re right… I must have read that wrong and got 98 confused with 89. When was win 200? I was in school 88-92. I bet that was it. OK, so I’m not THAT old yet! :-[

His 200th win was in 1987.

Useless trivia - his 200th and 300th wins were both against Bowling Green, and those were the only 2 times his teams ever played against Bowling Green.

His 200th win was in 1987.

Useless trivia - his 200th and 300th wins were both against Bowling Green, and those were the only 2 times his teams ever played against Bowling Green.

Future trivia question, as McGloin will likely be remembered as the winning QB, but who was the starting QB in Joe’s 400th win. In 10 years, I bet most people get it wrong.