OT: Comcast changes name

Maybe I’m comletely out of the loop, but this is the first I had heard of it.

Comcast unveils new brand name and logo

We had a lot of discussions on one of the now by-gone forums regarding Comcast. What I thought was amusing is the quote:

Comcast Corp. today said it would rebrand its TV, Internet, and telephone services as Xfinity on Feb. 12 to signal to customers that this isn't the same old company.

So now, when you call them up and yell at them, “I HATE COMCAST”, they can use a voice of feigned confusion while saying, “Who’s this Comcast person you’re speaking of?”

;D

I wonder how many millions they paid a brand consulting firm to come up with that??? ::slight_smile:

We have the Comcast “triple play.” I like everything except the price. It keeps going UP.

Here is a list of potential names that Comcast was considering…

1.) Blackwooter (the PA pronunciation of Blackwater)
2.) N-Ron
3.) Swastika (borrowed from another thread)
4.) Hollister-Cable (yeah, it’s overpriced, but your bill will have a seagull on it. Isn’t that cool?)
5.) Al-Jazeera/Infidel (as long as they can make a buck, they’ll reach out to ANY demographic)

[quote=“Skeeza, post:4, topic:793”]Here is a list of potential names that Comcast was considering…

1.) Blackwooter (the PA pronunciation of Blackwater)
2.) N-Ron
3.) Swastika (borrowed from another thread)
4.) Hollister-Cable (yeah, it’s overpriced, but your bill will have a seagull on it. Isn’t that cool?)
5.) Al-Jazeera/Infidel (as long as they can make a buck, they’ll reach out to ANY demographic)[/quote]

Actually I heard they were looking at the following:

K-Y
Fleet
Doggy Style
PickPocket
Bend Over and Take it Like a Man

So does my email address have to change to @xfinity.net?

You mean the Xfinity Triple Play?

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:793"]We have the Comcast "triple play." I like everything except the price. It keeps going UP.[/quote]

You mean the Xfinity Triple Play?

That certainly would be better than the Triple XXX Play.

Ugh, don’t even get me started on Comcast. My HD cable has yet to be fully functional in a year and a half, and my internet is always in-and-out. I don’t even use the internet at my house much anymore, it’s not reliable or fast enough most the time. I usually will walk to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, or on campus and use their Wi-Fi when I need the internet, unless if I’m feeling lazy. The only reliable channels that I can get all day, every day through my box are ESPN, ESPN2, and CSN. They’ve came out to try to fix it twice now and within a day or two after they leave it stops working again. I’ve given up on fixing it.

The most ironic thing was a few months ago I was trying to pay the internet bill online and the internet wasn’t fast enough to do it.

I used to have Comcast. I switched to Verizon and have never looked back. The internet is better, the price is better, the cable tv is better. Only thing bad is that I don’t get MSG and some other local sports channels in HD but thats because of jackass Dolan over at MSG.

Because XFinity just rolls right off the tongue.