PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Coach Morse

Told us today in our last class that they’ve found some abnormal growths on his thyroid. He’s going under next week. He can’t wait for the ‘happy’ medicine.

Mike Morse?

Yes.

Coach Morse is a great guy - do you have him for fitness walking? Hopefully everything goes smoothly and there are no complications.

He is a great guy. I am sorry to hear he is having problems.

My wife has thyroid problems, a friend does too, and another friend had thyroid cancer. Fortunately, Thyroid cancer is one of the most treatable cancers and has a very high survival rate. Not saying that’s the issue with Coach Morse. Just passing on info I learned through past experiences. Never met the coach, but wishing him well.

i had him for my basketball class. he was good.

I don’t think there’s any real harm in posting such a thing here, but doesn’t it seem like this is a private issue that the general public doesn’t need to be discussing? I wish the guy the best, for sure - but I’m just not sure this is the place to be talking about it unless he is the one starting the conversation. Feels invasive to me.

He told his class. So, therefore, he basically announced it to the general public. Not like anyone is prying into his business here.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:8, topic:2346"]I don't think there's any real harm in posting such a thing here, but doesn't it seem like this is a private issue that the general public doesn't need to be discussing? I wish the guy the best, for sure - but I'm just not sure this is the place to be talking about it unless he is the one starting the conversation. Feels invasive to me.[/quote]

He told his class. So, therefore, he basically announced it to the general public. Not like anyone is prying into his business here.

Still… those are his students, he has a relationship with them to some degree. That is nothing like the general public. Making a talking point out of it for strangers on the internet seems very odd to me. But apparently you’re all okay with it, so hopefully he is too.