PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT Checking out Oakman

I’[ll be leaving in a few for the short trip to Sharon Hill to watch PSU FB recruit Shawn Oakman and Penn Wood tee it up against Academy Park. I’ll send back my game thoguhts when I get back.

How did Shawn look?

Not back yet? :wink:

Well, I’m back. Guess a little delayed. Of course, had that little PSU football game I had to check out. ;D

Write up from Friday’s game

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2010/10/30/sports/high_school/doc4ccb93957346f852470630.txt?viewmode=default

Obvisoulsy, Academy Park paid a lot of attention to Oakman, as he was doubled up most of the time. Oarkman was a near 60 minute man. He not only played defense, he also wen the whole way on offense and ws on the punt block/return team (no bloced punts). Oakman’s two sacks were at a critcal time in the fourth quarter, where Penn Wood got three straight sacks after Academy Park passed for a first down. Oakman and Penn Wood pretty much kept Academy Park’s running game to a standstill. But Academy Park had some success passing the ball. Penn Wood had no other sacks other than those three, and was able to keep Oakman and Co. away from the QB on most plays. Academy Park pretty much striclty ran the ball in the first half, and maybe should have opened it up more earlier.

Academy Park did a pretty good job holding the Penn Wood offense. Penn Wood didn’t run them up and down the field. Their three scores were all long runs after breaking the hole. Academy Park is a team without any real superstarts, but they were tough on the line of scrimmage.

Penn Wood’s win made them 8-1. They will make District 1 AAAA, but I don’t see them going far. They do havbe some speedy runners, and, of course, Oakman. But they are weak at quaraterback. Their QB was misfiring all over the place and maybe had one completion. Any playoff win against the AAAA big boys will have to be accomplished by a big defemsove effort.

Academy Park, which is now 6-3, is still in the running for a AAA berth, but will probably have to beat 4-5 Interboro next Satruday to get the bid.

Thanks 78. Luv “eyeball” accounts. Glad Oakman played 60. I see too much specialization today in football.

They only play 48 in high school right? Not being critical (I’ll leave that to “others”), just haven’t been to a HS game for a while and thought they played 12 minute quarters.

[quote="tundra, post:5, topic:1433"]Thanks 78. Luv "eyeball" accounts. Glad Oakman played 60. I see too much specialization today in football.[/quote]

They only play 48 in high school right? Not being critical (I’ll leave that to “others”), just haven’t been to a HS game for a while and thought they played 12 minute quarters.

Realized that after I wrote it. U picked up on that pretty quick. I wondered when someone would.