OT: Charlies out, can Bobby B. be next?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4700891

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4700617

I don’t think Booby B. will be out. I think FSU will have to throw him out . He wants “the record” and thinks he can out live Joe. He will accept a reduced role. The “reduced role” is somewhat of a joke. Booby has done little to no coaching for years. The only thing the “reduce role” would do is keep Booby totally out of the decision for the new defensive Coordinator hire.

I’d also guess that Bobby will be around for another year.

But back to ND - do they have to eat 6 more years of Charlie’s contract? :o

[quote=“blue2blue, post:3, topic:377”]I’d also guess that Bobby will be around for another year.

But back to ND - do they have to eat 6 more years of Charlie’s contract? :o[/quote]

Why not? They wrote it.

[quote="blue2blue, post:3, topic:377"]I'd also guess that Bobby will be around for another year.

But back to ND - do they have to eat 6 more years of Charlie’s contract? :o[/quote]

Why not? They wrote it.

It had a buyout clause. Not sure the total damages though.

~18 mil according to ESPN

Just gotta comment. Last week, John Saunders relayed a great joke (I’m sure it wasn’t his). He said that with all the problems that ND was having in the redzone, they were going to rename Touchdown Jesus to Field Goal Jesus.

Bobby B is leaving stage left ESPN is reporting…

I don’t think this will be last we will be hearing of Bobby B. I think he is pulling a Bobby K and going to less high profile school that will be glad to just have him as the Face of the program.

[quote=“PSUdraw, post:8, topic:377”]Bobby B is leaving stage left ESPN is reporting…

I don’t think this will be last we will be hearing of Bobby B. I think he is pulling a Bobby K and going to less high profile school that will be glad to just have him as the Face of the program.[/quote]

I don’t think he will. Bobby is done. He really does not have the same where-with-all that he once did. When Knight was forced out, I thought he still had the fire. I don’t think Bowden does. He was all set to hang it up next year. He’s way too old to try starting over.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:8, topic:377"]Bobby B is leaving stage left ESPN is reporting...

I don’t think this will be last we will be hearing of Bobby B. I think he is pulling a Bobby K and going to less high profile school that will be glad to just have him as the Face of the program.[/quote]

I don’t think he will. Bobby is done. He really does not have the same where-with-all that he once did. When Knight was forced out, I thought he still had the fire. I don’t think Bowden does. He was all set to hang it up next year. He’s way too old to try starting over.

Bowden is 80. Why would he want to continue? He knows Joe is going to be around at least one more year. Only a desperate football school would hire him at this point. Why would he even want that?

[quote="PSUdraw, post:8, topic:377"]Bobby B is leaving stage left ESPN is reporting...

Bowden is 80. Why would he want to continue? He knows Joe is going to be around at least one more year. Only a desperate football school would hire him at this point. Why would he even want that?

Can’t he go to a Div III school and still have it count for the record?

No. And someone else already has that that record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4701625

…actually, yes he can. From what I understand, he only needs to coach for a few seasons at the D-I level. For reference, look at Tressel.

…actually, yes he can. From what I understand, he only needs to coach for a few seasons at the D-I level. For reference, look at Tressel.

The record book here is a bit all over the place. One section says minimum 5 years at an FBS school. Another section has minimum 10 years. It doesn’t really matter. Unless Joe coaches another 15-20 years, he won’t pass Gagliardi (unless he calls it quits soon). So Joe will hold the real Division IA (FBS) record, but not the NCAA record anyway.

The record book here is a bit all over the place. One section says minimum 5 years at an FBS school. Another section has minimum 10 years. It doesn’t really matter. Unless Joe coaches another 15-20 years, he won’t pass Gagliardi (unless he calls it quits soon). So Joe will hold the real Division IA (FBS) record, but not the NCAA record anyway.

Those are two different records. One is for active coaches (five years), the other is for all coaches (ten years).

Those are two different records. One is for active coaches (five years), the other is for all coaches (ten years).

Okay, but the bottom line is still what record does Joe really hold? It’s still subject to whatever rules they might want to follow. Is it only wins while coaching a four year school (Joe would not hold this)? Wins at an FBS school (yes for Joe)? Wins at a four year school but only if you coached a minimum of ten years at an FBS school (yes for Joe)? It’s still a record that isn’t really a record (is 461 the real record? or is 393?).

Okay, but the bottom line is still what record does Joe really hold? It’s still subject to whatever rules they might want to follow. Is it only wins while coaching a four year school (Joe would not hold this)? Wins at an FBS school (yes for Joe)? Wins at a four year school but only if you coached a minimum of ten years at an FBS school (yes for Joe)? It’s still a record that isn’t really a record (is 461 the real record? or is 393?).

My question, though, was if Bowden finds a Div III school to let him be the “head coach” for 5 or so years, would those wins count towards the FBS record. It appears they would.

My question, though, was if Bowden finds a Div III school to let him be the “head coach” for 5 or so years, would those wins count towards the FBS record. It appears they would.

Not sure the answer to that. Maybe officially. But everyone would know it wasn’t really the record. So does it really matter?

Disagree mjg. That is the situation NOW (Booby has low level wins that count towards D1 wins) but I don’t see/hear many people(see ESPN) drawing attention to it.
Why doesn’t everybody (ESPN included) come out and say the NCAA made a terrible decision in the Bowden rule and lobby to change the rule. The NCAA is run by Humans…thus mistakes are likely from time to time!