OT: Capital One Bowl Champs!

Congrats to Joe, Darryl, the team and the University! Dominated for the first 3 quarters but the red zone offense was pathetic. It was very emotional seeing Clark after the game, the kid is a warrior no matter what his “legacy” may be, I’ll remember him for this game.

PSU almost let this game slip away through terrible return coverage and bad red zone offense. Besides that, a very pleasing performance by the Nits!

Some strange officiating in that game.

Kick coverage was terrible, as were some kicks. 4 punts to the end zone and a kickoff to the 40 which got returned to our end of the field. I’m not as critical of the red zone offense due to the field conditions. Special teams is what almost lost that game.

Congrats to the team!

The Outback Bowl was ridiculous down the stretch. One of the craziest games I’ve seen in awhile.

the one play I remember was a fumble in the back field and Clark just stood there and watched the ball roll on the ground - instead of trying to recover it - it was recovered by Penn State anyway but I don’t know what he was thinking about?

I could be mistaken, but wasn’t that when LSU was offsides and their nose tackle hit Wisnewski (sp) early? He still should have pounced on the ball because on the winning drive, LSU wasn’t called for an identical offsides that didn’t cause a fumble.

Our pal David Jones (and Bob Flounders) with some funny post-game video:

From the surface of the moon - Cap One postgame breakdown

[quote=“blue2blue, post:7, topic:578”]Our pal David Jones (and Bob Flounders) with some funny post-game video:

From the surface of the moon - Cap One postgame breakdown[/quote]
My first taste of Jones, I’ve heard a lot from you guys. I’m guessing he is the guy on the right?

Thanks for the link!

[quote="blue2blue, post:7, topic:578"]Our pal David Jones (and Bob Flounders) with some funny post-game video:

My first taste of Jones, I’ve heard a lot from you guys. I’m guessing he is the guy on the right?

Thanks for the link!

Yes, he’s the guy on the right in the light blue shirt.

It was not a fumble, it was an incomplete shovel pass by Clark. That was why he just stood there, he knew it was not a fumble.

[quote=“blue2blue, post:7, topic:578”]Our pal David Jones (and Bob Flounders) with some funny post-game video:

Good perspective on the game but an absolutely unnecessary, and undeserved, shot at Kevin Newsome at the end.

Youre right Lar, but its pretty true. Its going to be brutal for him there. Joe didn’t really work him in to any of the B10 games, or OOC games for that matter.

I’ve heard (from a fairly reliable source) that Newsome is not progressing as well as they [the coaches] want. He was not even the unaminous #2 quaterback on the coach’s depth chat (McGloin was).

If he doesn’t make a big improvement during this off season, Paul Jones could be the starter next season.

From what Fight on State is saying, Brackett is moving back to QB. That would make me think that McGloin is going to start, Brackett is going to backup since he was a QB when he first came in and Jones, Newsome and Boldin are going to fight it out for #3.

Not at all. Joe simply said he had some concerns about QB next year and Brackett and Drake could be candidates.

Typical Joe-speak.

I’d much rather see Drake out making plays than under center, he has too much speed not to use him as a playmaker. He’s supposed to have a good arm though. IE: MSU game.

Ollie Ogbu was my lab partner this year and has also said that the best thing Paul Jones and CO can do when they get here is push Newsome to his limit to get him to be better. I dont remember a lot of Astro, but I learned a lot about the team.lol

[quote=“State4Life, post:13, topic:578”]I’ve heard (from a fairly reliable source) that Newsome is not progressing as well as they [the coaches] want. He was not even the unaminous #2 quaterback on the coach’s depth chat (McGloin was).

If he doesn’t make a big improvement during this off season, Paul Jones could be the starter next season.[/quote]

How is he supposed to progress during the season with limited first team reps? I’m sure spring practice will have a lot to do with who starts next year. Paul Jones could be the starter next year. So could the other freshman (Boldin?). But I’m still betting on Newsome. Joe-speak has a purpose – in this case I think it’s to take the pressure (high expectations) off his young QB.

I remember 3 off seasons ago there was a lot of talk about a hot shot QB out of Philly and not too much talk of an after thought QB out of Youngstown. Well the after thought ended up a pretty good D1 career and the hot shot just played a season at a FCS school.

I guess what I’m saying is we think we know as fans but we just don’t have a clue.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:18, topic:578”]I remember 3 off seasons ago there was a lot of talk about a hot shot QB out of Philly and not too much talk of an after thought QB out of Youngstown. Well the after thought ended up a pretty good D1 career and the hot shot just played a season at a FCS school.

I guess what I’m saying is we think we know as fans but we just don’t have a clue.[/quote]

Has a more true statement even been typed here?

[quote="jjepsu92, post:18, topic:578"]I remember 3 off seasons ago there was a lot of talk about a hot shot QB out of Philly and not too much talk of an after thought QB out of Youngstown. Well the after thought ended up a pretty good D1 career and the hot shot just played a season at a FCS school.

I guess what I’m saying is we think we know as fans but we just don’t have a clue.[/quote]

Has a more true statement even been typed here?

No.