PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT but please read

Anyone getting funny emails with my personal email in the address line? I’ve seen a couple and am trying to figure out if the board or I am culpable…

I didn’t get any yet. I just checked my spam folder too.

Nothing here either.

Nothing on my end Tim. Though I do have some girl looking for a good time. I’ll forward you that one :wink:

I still find this odd since we have never exchanged emails before. I was worried at first that the PSUHoops email database or something like that was compromised but it seems like I’m the only one who received the emails. Whats also odd is that I rarely, if ever, receive spam like this in my Inbox. Gmail is pretty darn good at blocking spam.

Nope.

I just added a security patch and lost the customizations to the header… so if we go up and down in the next hour, it’s me, not a hack.

OK, I’m done for the night. Think I’ve got the fonts big enough top tick off young-eyes Tom. :slight_smile:

Hah, thanks Tim.

Your email address was probably in someone’s address book that got stolen and then used for spam. I doubt it has anything to do with this board.

Understandable. But then why is Tim’s email showing up within the email?

???

You’re going to have to draw me a picture because I, for one, don’t understand what you are saying.

[quote="noobd, post:10, topic:2680"]Understandable. But then why is Tim's email showing up within the email?[/quote]

???

You’re going to have to draw me a picture because I, for one, don’t understand what you are saying.

Ha! I made him send me a screenshot. It’s true - there is a From address that is clearly spammer like (weird domain name) in the from line followed immediately by my personal email address.

[quote="noobd, post:10, topic:2680"]Understandable. But then why is Tim's email showing up within the email?[/quote]

???

Ha! I made him send me a screenshot. It’s true - there is a From address that is clearly spammer like (weird domain name) in the from line followed immediately by my personal email address.

Got it. Tom’s right that it’s probably someone else that got hacked. However, it’s likely someone who has both of your email addresses so it would make sense to just make sure that it wasn’t PSHoops’ contact list. Given that no one else seems to have gotten one, it would seem that this site is still secure.

William?

LOL