PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Big Ten football

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/michigan-wolverines-brady-hoke-2014-outlook-big-ten/

Two spikes and you’re out:

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/ohio_state_de_noah_spence_out.html

Michigan. Yikes.

Illinois. Double yikes.

Just saw this on ESPN…

Rutgers’ Paul James has torn ACL

Rutgers starting running back Paul James will miss the remainder of the season after sustaining a torn ACL in his right knee during Saturday's win at Navy.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:5, topic:4242”]Just saw this on ESPN…

Rutgers’ Paul James has torn ACL

[quote=Rutgers’ Paul James has torn ACL]
Rutgers starting running back Paul James will miss the remainder of the season after sustaining a torn ACL in his right knee during Saturday’s win at Navy.
[/quote][/quote]

This is a brutal game.

Hey let’s give some love to Indiana, winning at the SEC East Champion, Missouri, yesterday and Missouri was ranked #19.

I tried in the UMass thread. Skeeza thinks they suck though.

By season’s end Indiana’s win won’t look as good, but, it’s a fantastic win right now.

Advancing his skill set from early calls of games to early calls of seasons!

Hey let's give some love to Indiana, winning at the SEC East Champion, Missouri, yesterday and Missouri was ranked #19.

Of course he does, but remember, we have a GOOD chance of going undefeated.

[quote="rwd5035, post:7, topic:4242"]Hey let's give some love to Indiana, winning at the SEC East Champion, Missouri, yesterday and Missouri was ranked #19.[/quote]

You guys can make snide remarks if you like, but…

• The only 2 decent teams we face between now and the last game of the year at home against Mich St, are Ohio State and Michigan

• Michigan got crushed by BOTH BCS teams they have faced, and still looks like a paper tiger
    • We still don’t know anything about Ohio State. They may be decent, or they may not.

Indiana will usually have a good game from time to time, even when they are a horrible team. They played decent against waht is probably an overrated Missouri that had no business being ranked, but they are still the team that lost to Bowling Green.

…but, like I said, if either of you guys would like to put a wager on the Indiana game, I am VERY WILLING to take it.

Usually, the risk of actually making a bet on an such a matter will show how much you actually believe what you are saying. It doesn’t even have to be a big wager, just something to signify that you are willing to back up what you say. I would be willing to use a gift card to BWW or Quaker Steak and Lube, or anything like that.

Maybe I’ll bet, maybe I won’t. There’s no benefit for either of us to throw a bet down September 22 for a game that’s happening on November 8.

Besides, it’s not even that I think we can’t win, it’s more so that Indiana doesn’t suck. Let’s not forget, this team beat us by 20 last season. To think they suck, especially after going into #19 Missouri and winning, is incredibly naive.

And as an aside, why would I ever want to bet on Penn State to lose? What’s in it for me? I don’t give a **** about gift cards or $20.

[quote="rwd5035, post:7, topic:4242"]Hey let's give some love to Indiana, winning at the SEC East Champion, Missouri, yesterday and Missouri was ranked #19.[/quote]

You guys can make snide remarks if you like, but…

• The only 2 decent teams we face between now and the last game of the year at home against Mich St, are Ohio State and Michigan

• Michigan got crushed by BOTH BCS teams they have faced, and still looks like a paper tiger
    • We still don’t know anything about Ohio State. They may be decent, or they may not.

Indiana will usually have a good game from time to time, even when they are a horrible team. They played decent against waht is probably an overrated Missouri that had no business being ranked, but they are still the team that lost to Bowling Green.

…but, like I said, if either of you guys would like to put a wager on the Indiana game, I am VERY WILLING to take it.

Usually, the risk of actually making a bet on an such a matter will show how much you actually believe what you are saying. It doesn’t even have to be a big wager, just something to signify that you are willing to back up what you say. I would be willing to use a gift card to BWW or Quaker Steak and Lube, or anything like that.

I would never bet against Penn State – even when I’m 100% sure we will lose.

You can think that IU stinks all you want. My points are still valid – they beat us like a drum last year, they beat a ranked SEC team on Saturday – so it’s not a gimme game at this point. Maybe by game day they do look like a bad team and maybe we have shown a ton of improvement. But right now, today, I’m not willing to write that game down as a definite win.

Rumors of Harbaugh to Michigan swirling. Would be huge for the conference (and UM).

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Harbaugh-to-Michigan-speculation-mounts-31427888

[quote=“mjg, post:15, topic:4242”]Rumors of Harbaugh to Michigan swirling. Would be huge for the conference (and UM).

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Harbaugh-to-Michigan-speculation-mounts-31427888[/quote]

Believe it when it happens. There were very strong rumors of Les Miles to Michigan in the past and it never happened.

[quote="mjg, post:15, topic:4242"]Rumors of Harbaugh to Michigan swirling. Would be huge for the conference (and UM).

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Harbaugh-to-Michigan-speculation-mounts-31427888[/quote]

Believe it when it happens. There were very strong rumors of Les Miles to Michigan in the past and it never happened.

Sure, but speculation is fun. Al Golden was a lock for our job – until James Franklin got hired instead.

Al Franken was a lock until his agent got greedy

Can you imagine KidC if Al Franken was our coach??

Rumors of Harbaugh to Michigan swirling. Would be huge for the conference (and UM).

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Harbaugh-to-Michigan-speculation-mounts-31427888

I don’t see how Hoke keeps his job. His team seems to have given up on him.