OT: Big Ten Announces New Bowl Agreements For 2010-13 Seasons

gopsusports.com: New lineup highlighted by six games on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day

Some interesting Bowl games. The Texas Bowl and the Dallas Football Classic?? Houston might be fun, but I’ve been to Dallas several times and was not impressed. Maybe I was in the wrong places.

bigtennetwork.com video - Bowl Thoughts From PSU AD Curley

I don’t follow Bowl arrangements very much. Is this new agreement a good thing for PSU and the BigTen11.
One more thing. I just watched the Tim Curley video. This was the first time Tim appeared to me as speaking out of the right side of this mouth. The left side of his month seemed to move very little. Does he always speak this way? Is it a “health issue?” Am I crazy?

[quote=“tundra, post:4, topic:103”]I don’t follow Bowl arrangements very much. Is this new agreement a good thing for PSU and the BigTen11.
One more thing. I just watched the Tim Curley video. This was the first time Tim appeared to me as speaking out of the right side of this mouth. The left side of his month seemed to move very little. Does he always speak this way? Is it a “health issue?” Am I crazy?[/quote]

Similar to this?

Seinfeld: the voice (helloooo)

[quote=“tundra, post:4, topic:103”]I don’t follow Bowl arrangements very much. Is this new agreement a good thing for PSU and the BigTen11.
One more thing. I just watched the Tim Curley video. This was the first time Tim appeared to me as speaking out of the right side of this mouth. The left side of his month seemed to move very little. Does he always speak this way? Is it a “health issue?” Am I crazy?[/quote]

I noticed that too, Bell’s Palsy maybe?

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:103"]I don't follow Bowl arrangements very much. Is this new agreement a good thing for PSU and the BigTen11. One more thing. I just watched the Tim Curley video. This was the first time Tim appeared to me as speaking out of the right side of this mouth. The left side of his month seemed to move very little. Does he always speak this way? Is it a "health issue?" Am I crazy?[/quote]

Conservativism? :wink:

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:103"]I don't follow Bowl arrangements very much. Is this new agreement a good thing for PSU and the BigTen11. One more thing. I just watched the Tim Curley video. This was the first time Tim appeared to me as speaking out of the right side of this mouth. The left side of his month seemed to move very little. Does he always speak this way? Is it a "health issue?" Am I crazy?[/quote]

Either that or could be dental work. I looked the same way on Monday when I had a new crown put in.

Either that or could be dental work. I looked the same way on Monday when I had a new crown put in.

Are you sure that was not from too many RR’s before your dental appointment? :smiley: :wink:

Are you sure that was not from too many RR’s before your dental appointment? :smiley: :wink:

;D That picture was my inspiration for my post above! I bet that picture was taken after your first RR! :slight_smile:

Lar, do you still drink RR after Bud/InBev moved the brewery to NJ? I know a few people that stopped drinking it. I think I heard that RR is struggling and InBev is looking to sell it.

I still drink it but it’s not the same.

True story.

I had heard that Bud had slightly changed the label on the bottles and for weeks afterward I would check to see if I was drinking a new or old RR. For a couple of months after the move, I still had not found a new Rock in town. Before one basketball game, I was meeting up with some friends at Hooters (we chose it because it’s the closest bar to the BJC ;D ). I was the first to arrive and ordered a Rock - checked the bottle and it was still one of the old ones.

I had been there for a few minutes when the next guy in our group arrived. When he ordered his beer, I ordered a second Rock. Coincidently, he asked me if the beer was any different now that it was brewed by Bud. I was in the middle of explaining to him the changes that Bud was making to the label and how I had yet to taste a new bud, when my second beer arrived. Without looking at the label, I took a sip out of it. Whoa! There was something wrong with the beer. A quick glance at the label showed that this was a “new” Rock. Very definitely a taste change - and not for the better.

To be honest, I didn’t change my beer of choice because it would have meant retraining a fair number of bartenders in town. They know I drink Rolling Rock and don’t have to fight to get an order. They see me, they bring a Rock. Makes life simple.

Having said that, there are several places in town that don’t serve Rolling Rock anymore so I have to drink something different. More often than not, it’s a Corona.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:13, topic:103”]More often than not, it’s a Corona. [/quote]My wife’s usual toast is “God Bless Corona and the mexicans who brew it.” :slight_smile:

Which is tough to do, making something bad even worse :slight_smile:

America’s oldest brewery for me, Yuenglings! Black and Tan if you are not driving and want to get good and drunk.

Yuengling makes a decent black and tan. It’s my favorite “cheap beer” brewery. I prefer some European beers such as Smithwicks, Carlsberg, etc. But Yuengling works for under $20 per case.