PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Big Chill at the Big House

BTN Video:
Michigan and Michigan State will meet on the ice at the Big House this Saturday. (12/08/2010 Michigan Michigan State)

Maybe this will happen @ Beaver Stadium some day? :slight_smile:

I think you need a good rivalry game to pull these off at the college level…

It will be interesting to see who develops as our big rivals when we get DivI fired up. OSU seems to be a natural, but i guess we’ll just have to see how things develop.

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:1619”]BTN Video:
Michigan and Michigan State will meet on the ice at the Big House this Saturday. (12/08/2010 Michigan Michigan State)

Maybe this will happen @ Beaver Stadium some day? :)[/quote]

“Over JoePa’s dead body”

Wait a minute :wink:

Hockey - basketball doubleheader :slight_smile:

[quote="CAPPY, post:1, topic:1619"]Maybe this will happen @ Beaver Stadium some day? :)[/quote]

would the hoops be indoors or out?

[quote="CAPPY, post:1, topic:1619"]Maybe this will happen @ Beaver Stadium some day? :)[/quote]

Hockey doubleheader. PSU vs. Big Rival (whoever that becomes) followed by Pens vs. Flyers. I could see this happening once PSU hockey gets up to speed – meaning they are winning games and competing for the NCAA tournament.

Hockey doubleheader. PSU vs. Big Rival (whoever that becomes) followed by Pens vs. Flyers. I could see this happening once PSU hockey gets up to speed – meaning they are winning games and competing for the NCAA tournament.

Great thought, but it will never happen at the Beav! I don’t think you can get people to sit in the cold through 2 hockey games, plus you’ve got college and pro playing in the same event.

I think you’re much more likely to see PSU play a game or two in Philly or Pgh the same weekend as a Pens or Flyers game. THAT would be great pub, plus those are the next frozen 4 locations… Talk about creating a little buzz…

Great thought, but it will never happen at the Beav! I don’t think you can get people to sit in the cold through 2 hockey games, plus you’ve got college and pro playing in the same event.

I think you’re much more likely to see PSU play a game or two in Philly or Pgh the same weekend as a Pens or Flyers game. THAT would be great pub, plus those are the next frozen 4 locations… Talk about creating a little buzz…

In the near future, your scenario is probably true. The Pens AHL affiliate from Wilkes Barre is playing a doubleheader soon in Pittsburgh – Robert Morris is playing the first game. And while I called it a doubleheader, I really meant more of a two day event. And off in the distance. I don’t see Penn State hockey becoming an overnight success. Although it is possible.

In the near future, your scenario is probably true. The Pens AHL affiliate from Wilkes Barre is playing a doubleheader soon in Pittsburgh – Robert Morris is playing the first game. And while I called it a doubleheader, I really meant more of a two day event. And off in the distance. I don’t see Penn State hockey becoming an overnight success. Although it is possible.

Wilkes Barre is playing the Hershey Bears in that game in Pittsburgh on 12/30. The RMU game is @ 3 PM, followed by the AHL game @ 7:30. 8)

I think if and when the Big Ten starts sponsoring ice hockey (2014-15 ish) that an annual “Winter Classic” style outdoor game rotating among the Big Ten schools and being carried on the BTN would be a neat idea. Or maybe every other year to make it less common at each school.

I don’t see why PSU would have trouble selling a ton of tickets to such a game at the Beav just for the novelty alone – as long as tickets are reasonably priced, which is what Michigan did.