PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Beaver Stadium-50 years of History

Thanks for the memories! Lookin forward to the next 50 years! :slight_smile:

Beaver Stadium-50 years of History

Agree!

BUT BUT BUT
It’s shameful the “legend” is being tarnished by students coming very late for games and the STEP program.

the students always came late for games, it just wasn’t evident until they started seating them one by one, row by row, which also slows down the seating process.if every other part of beaver Stadium were seated in like fashion, you’d notice it there as well.

also, parts of teh stadium are considerably older than 50 years

[quote=“manatree, post:3, topic:1366”]the students always came late for games, it just wasn’t evident until they started seating them one by one, row by row, which also slows down the seating process.if every other part of beaver Stadium were seated in like fashion, you’d notice it there as well.

also, parts of teh stadium are considerably older than 50 years[/quote]

Not to mention the coaching staff. :wink:

Nice video.

Get ready for the next addition to the stadium in 2-3 years. Putting another deck where the press box is.

[quote=“byake, post:5, topic:1366”]Nice video.

Get ready for the next addition to the stadium in 2-3 years. Putting another deck where the press box is.[/quote]

Seriously? Hmmm. Wonder what the price will be for those seats.

Very serious. First hand info from multiple OPP and AD employees.

Wow. How many seats will be added?

Well that is after the put the elevators and some minor other add ons on the north side. Construction for that is suppose to starts after last game this season. The ground floor might look much more like south side of the stadium but thats just second and 3rd hand info. Not sure if upgraded visitors locker rooms is still included but that was rumored

[quote="byake, post:7, topic:1366"]Very serious. First hand info from multiple OPP and AD employees.[/quote] Well that is after the put the elevators and some minor other add ons on the north side. Construction for that is suppose to starts after last game this season. The ground floor might look much more like south side of the stadium but thats just second and 3rd hand info. Not sure if upgraded visitors locker rooms is still included but that was rumored

I was told that the reno to the visitor’s locker room was a temporary fix and it will be torn down when the expansion happens. You are right about some of the logistical improvements happening first and the North side will be drastically different at ground level.

Let the arms race continue. :slight_smile:

I can’t see another deck being built. Someday the press box will be rebuilt to mirror the east side, but any additional deck seems counter productive at this point. Attendance potential already seems to be at its ceiling.

I think his use of the term deck is incorrect. I’m pretty sure that the west expansion is to match the east visually by expanding and modernizing the press box and adding luxury suites.

I really like what they’ve done over the past few years to the stadium. stone facade, iron gates, better entry gates, museum, etc. My biggest peeve is the loss of grass parking spaces adjacent to the stadium. Tailgating isn’t the same when you’re parked in a field a mile walk from the stadium, which you can’t even see.

[quote=“JakkL, post:12, topic:1366”]I think his use of the term deck is incorrect. I’m pretty sure that the west expansion is to match the east visually by expanding and modernizing the press box and adding luxury suites.

I really like what they’ve done over the past few years to the stadium. stone facade, iron gates, better entry gates, museum, etc. My biggest peeve is the loss of grass parking spaces adjacent to the stadium. Tailgating isn’t the same when you’re parked in a field a mile walk from the stadium, which you can’t even see.[/quote]
The statium looks great now. Much better than the prior “Erector Set” look.