OT - Anyone watching

Just curious.

I said None at all. I watch very little basketball that doesn’t involve PSU. I doubt I’ll watch any of the NIT, but will catch some of the big boys tourney if possible.

Less than half, more than a few. Main reasons? Stony Book is in it… playing Illinois. Seton Hall is in it.

Other reasons: Some entertaining teams / match ups / players are in the tournament. Jones from South Florida, Delaney for VT, W&M can light it up, etc. If you’re more than a mild fan of college basketball, you usually catch a few games.

I received good news yesterday as well: The winner of the TTU - SHU game won’t be playing @ASU because ASU’s venue will be occupied. So the 2nd game could be in Newark :slight_smile:

Only the Illini games, obviously.

NIT games will be the “nothing else on TV” viewing option.

I see Herb Pope got ejected for punching a guy in the gut

[quote=“Tom, post:5, topic:990”]NIT games will be the “nothing else on TV” viewing option.

I see Herb Pope got ejected for punching a guy in the gut[/quote]

it looked a little lower than the gut to me, but i was pretty far from the tv screen so i’m not sure.

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:990"]NIT games will be the "nothing else on TV" viewing option.

I see Herb Pope got ejected for punching a guy in the gut[/quote]

it looked a little lower than the gut to me, but i was pretty far from the tv screen so i’m not sure.

He had actually gotten away with an earlier punch to the same area.

An ugly night for Seton Hall basketball.

1. Robert Mitchell was kicked off the team earlier this week
  2. Pope gets ejected early
  3. Coach gets a tech
  4. Team gets blown out at home in front of a small crowd
  5. Students & fans chant “fire bobby” and other things at the coach
  6. Students get thrown out for this
  7. Aforementioned Mitchell is apparently in serious legal trouble. His dorm was cleaned out and two players are in trouble for contacting him? I’m not sure what he did yet.

While all this is going on, the Pirate’s project center has been off the team for “academic reasons” for the past few weeks.

The apologist “at least PSU runs a clean program” statement really looks good compared to this.

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:990”]An ugly night for Seton Hall basketball.

1. Robert Mitchell was kicked off the team earlier this week
  2. Pope gets ejected early
  3. Coach gets a tech
  4. Team gets blown out at home in front of a small crowd
  5. Students & fans chant “fire bobby” and other things at the coach
  6. Students get thrown out for this
  7. Aforementioned Mitchell is apparently in serious legal trouble. His dorm was cleaned out and two players are in trouble for contacting him? I’m not sure what he did yet.

While all this is going on, the Pirate’s project center has been off the team for “academic reasons” for the past few weeks.

The apologist “at least PSU runs a clean program” statement really looks good compared to this.[/quote]

Wow, that is really awful! :’(

“Project” is an interesting term for Herb Pope.
:wink:

I’ve got two TV’s in my living room at my apartment. I gotta watch something.

Agree, but found the W&M/UNC game to be some good viewing in the 2nd half. UNC’s talent level won the day, but it was fun to see W&M give them a run, and in the old gym. The announcers were talking up how much fun the game was in the old gym. I’m seeing a “retro” theme here for the NIT… Not the unis, the gyms!! OSU has done it, and I think Arkansas or someone has done it too in prior years, and now UNC this year.

Now, if only we could make the NIT and get a game at Rec Hall… :wink:

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:990"]NIT games will be the "nothing else on TV" viewing option.[/quote]

Agree, but found the W&M/UNC game to be some good viewing in the 2nd half. UNC’s talent level won the day, but it was fun to see W&M give them a run, and in the old gym. The announcers were talking up how much fun the game was in the old gym. I’m seeing a “retro” theme here for the NIT… Not the unis, the gyms!! OSU has done it, and I think Arkansas or someone has done it too in prior years, and now UNC this year.

I enjoyed watching the game at old Carmichael last night, but moreso because I am old enough to remember many of the classic Dean Smith/UNC comebacks played there in the past.

Supposedly, UNC didn’t play the game in Carmichael because of the desire for nostalgia. I believe the “Dean Dome” is being renovated at this time.

While it’s nice to have a “backup” place to play, I highly doubt the administartion at UNC though they would need to have their main arena available for a basketball game in mid/late March.

[quote=“tundra, post:10, topic:990”]“Project” is an interesting term for Herb Pope.
;)[/quote]

Was referring to 300+ pound Melvin Oliver. He hasn’t been on the bench the last few games and was removed from the team temporarily earlier this season as well.

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:990"]NIT games will be the "nothing else on TV" viewing option.[/quote]

I enjoyed watching the game at old Carmichael last night, but moreso because I am old enough to remember many of the classic Dean Smith/UNC comebacks played there in the past.

Supposedly, UNC didn’t play the game in Carmichael because of the desire for nostalgia. I believe the “Dean Dome” is being renovated at this time.

While it’s nice to have a “backup” place to play, I highly doubt the administartion at UNC though they would need to have their main arena available for a basketball game in mid/late March.

I believe that the UNC women still play their home games at Carmichael.

I believe that the UNC women still play their home games at Carmichael.

I believe so too.

St. John’s and Memphis was awesome.