PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: And the difference is

Mich AD on the Rich Rod scandal:

“I don’t think this is a black eye,” he said. “This is a bruise.”

[quote=“laoDan, post:1, topic:1188”]Mich AD on the Rich Rod scandal:

“I don’t think this is a black eye,” he said. “This is a bruise.”[/quote]

A bruise is easier to hide? Assuming it is somewhere it can be hidden?

[quote="laoDan, post:1, topic:1188"]Mich AD on the Rich Rod scandal:

Technically a black eye is a bruise. Guess I thought it was more obvious than it was.

This is a “be careful what you wish for” moment. UM couldn’t wait to can LLLLLLLoyd Carr because he couldn’t beat OSU and couldn’t beat anyone else outside the friendly confines of the Big Ten. They thought Les Miles would jump at the chance to be the next HC, but he turned them down. Then Schiano turned them down and who knows who else. Frantically, and in the middle of recruiting season, they bit on RRod - a guy who accepted the job at Bama, then turned it down after extorting a huge pile from his alma mater.

Now they kind of got what they never thought they’d get and the only question is whether the NCAA agrees or not.

Technically a black eye is a bruise. Guess I thought it was more obvious than it was.

Oh, I thought you were looking for what he could have meant by the comment. I was just tossing out ideas.

Oh, I thought you were looking for what he could have meant by the comment. I was just tossing out ideas.

No problem. I wasn’t really clear.

I think he termed it a bruise because you can’t see it. I think they got punched in the gonads, so as long as they keep their pants on nobody will see it.