PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: After Opening Setback, Nittany Lions Chomp Down on Gators (Women's VB)

We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves — this Nittany Lion Women’s Volleyball team still isn’t the team that defeated Florida 3-0 last December in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, but tonight,in front of 6,000+ cheering (for Florida) fans, this young Penn State squad won a hard-fought match against the Gators 3-1 (20-25, 25-21, 25-14, 25-23). In doing so, they answered at least some of the questions that have been floating around (well, at least until tomorrow, when they face off against what looks to be an exceptionally talented Stanford squad).

In a way this was backwards from the conversations that were floating around the past few days. Even GameTracker got confused.

Go to DigNittanyVolleyball.com for the complete match write-up: http://www.dignittanyvolleyball.com/?p=6406

[quote=“nyline, post:1, topic:1338”]We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves — this Nittany Lion Women’s Volleyball team still isn’t the team that defeated Florida 3-0 last December in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, but tonight,in front of 6,000+ cheering (for Florida) fans, this young Penn State squad won a hard-fought match against the Gators 3-1 (20-25, 25-21, 25-14, 25-23). In doing so, they answered at least some of the questions that have been floating around (well, at least until tomorrow, when they face off against what looks to be an exceptionally talented Stanford squad).

In a way this was backwards from the conversations that were floating around the past few days. Even GameTracker got confused.

Go to DigNittanyVolleyball.com for the complete match write-up: http://www.dignittanyvolleyball.com/?p=6406[/quote]

I was at the men’s soccer game tonight (a 2-1 loss to Bucknell with one of the Bison goals being courtesy of a PSU own goal) getting updates from someone who was checking GameTracker to fill me in. Last report I get from him is that PSU is down two sets to one, trailing 12-8 in the third. I’m thinking the streak is history. Then shortly after the soccer game ends, I get this text message telling me that something’s messed up with the VB scores. My buddy feeding me the scores has suddenly looked a little closer at them and realized that while the points are being attributed to Florida, the players scoring them are all Penn Staters. After the disappointing soccer loss, the VB correction was a much needed surprise. They will have to play over their heads tomorrow to beat a Stanford squad that appears to be every bit as talented as we were the last few years.