PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: A huge shout out to the Stanford women's basketball team

Thank you very much for ending the UConn gals winning streak and thus ensuring that the PSU women’s volleyball team’s streak of 109 straight wins remains atop the record book.

Too bad they didn’t do it a couple of games earlier so that Geno could have kept his trap shut. I still say that they should put an asterik on the streak since he ducked Pat Summitt the whole time.

Nice win by the Lady Lions last night at the BJC over #14 Iowa as well.

Gino and Pat had some words a few years ago, and the balance of power between the 2 programs has clearly shifted since.

I will say, good for Gino for taking his team TO Stanford. He could not have scheduled a tougher game to test his kids without challenging a boys team somewhere. Can’t say that’s he’s playing a soft schedule, although I don’t think we’ll see the vols on his schedule anytime soon.

Give it up. Pat is ducking Geno as much as Geno is ducking Pat. Summit cancelled the series after UConn self-reported a recruiting violation with Maya Moore.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1708"]Too bad they didn't do it a couple of games earlier so that Geno could have kept his trap shut. I still say that they should put an asterik on the streak since he ducked Pat Summitt the whole time.[/quote]

Give it up. Pat is ducking Geno as much as Geno is ducking Pat. They had a falling out and neither will schedule the other.

I’m sure Pat would schedule UConn. If I remember correctly it’s Geno that has his panties in a bunch over something that Pat allegedly said.

And you would be wrong. Pat will agree to schedule Geno in Hell. Geno will agree to schedule UT if Pat kisses his ring.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:1708"]I'm sure Pat would schedule UConn. If I remember correctly it's Geno that has his panties in a bunch over something that Pat allegedly said.[/quote] And you would be wrong. Pat will agree to schedule Geno in Hell. Geno will agree to schedule UT if Pat kisses his ring.

Regardless of who would do what, I think it’s clear that Geno has worked this to his advantage. Why should he do anything different now?

I think the volleyball team’s streak is much more impressive since there’s a lot more parity in volleyball than women’s basketball (though women’s hoops has come a long way the last 10-15 years).