PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OSU vs Sgt Shultz

Tied at 29 at half. Sully sat last 14 minutes of half with 2 fouls.

Boo Hoo Boeheim can know go home and try to find out what is going on within the basketball program.

Now is not the time for Penn State fans to be throwing those stones.

It comes across as sour grapes and is pretty pathetic. Outside of having some cathartic value, I never understood the people who complain about hypocrisy and/or the media. There’s nothing really you can do about it, so why waste your time boxing a glacier that won’t budge?

PS- Are you a habitual member of the 3 AM club?

I don’t pay attention to any clocks. I asleep when I’m tired.

??? ??? ???
Doesn’t seem like the “American Spirit” to me! I think we (the public) should attempt change on things we think are wrong. We should not except that media hypocrisy can not be changed. PSU folks have been through a media fire storm. We should know a little bit about the subject.

First I disliked Boeheim since about when we joined the Big 10 and I read an article in the Collegian where he degraded everything PSU.

Then I have a major heartburn with how our two stories have been and are being covered. Every time someone in our story burps the story is on ESPN. Syracuse not so much.

Joepa got hammered for not doing enough. Boeheim should get hammered about not doing anything about everything. There is no possible way that Boeheim had no knowledge of any of the following: Fine molesting kids (I can see this one since usually try to keep things quiet), Fine’s wife having sex with players (this gets harder to understand how he didn’t know since there were more people who knew about it and we are talking 18-19 year old kids and getting sex), the failed drug tests (he’s the freaking head coach he better know), Melo not being academically eligible (again he’s the coach he better know and Melo had academic problems earlier in the year you’d think he’d be getting daily reports on the kid).

If I the Syracuse Board today I am firing his whiny ass for not knowing what is going on in his program.

I heard the announcers once say how amazing of a man Boeheim is, because even with all of the distractions going on in his program right now he was able to bring his team this far. Almost made me sick…

Except Penn State fans have thrown more than their fair share of stones at their own house recently.

Yeah I heard that too, thought to myself geez it is a marvelous job.

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:5, topic:3206"]PS- Are you a habitual member of the 3 AM club?[/quote]

Are you retired?

Now we aren’t allowed to dislike Boeheim, a huge d-bag who has been down on our institution for decades?

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:5, topic:3206"]PS- Are you a habitual member of the 3 AM club?[/quote]

Are you retired?

Yup

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:8, topic:3206”]First I disliked Boeheim since about when we joined the Big 10 and I read an article in the Collegian where he degraded everything PSU.

Then I have a major heartburn with how our two stories have been and are being covered. Every time someone in our story burps the story is on ESPN. Syracuse not so much.

Joepa got hammered for not doing enough. Boeheim should get hammered about not doing anything about everything. There is no possible way that Boeheim had no knowledge of any of the following: Fine molesting kids (I can see this one since usually try to keep things quiet), Fine’s wife having sex with players (this gets harder to understand how he didn’t know since there were more people who knew about it and we are talking 18-19 year old kids and getting sex), the failed drug tests (he’s the freaking head coach he better know), Melo not being academically eligible (again he’s the coach he better know and Melo had academic problems earlier in the year you’d think he’d be getting daily reports on the kid).

If I the Syracuse Board today I am firing his whiny ass for not knowing what is going on in his program.[/quote]

I think Boeheim would’ve been fired by now if he were at a more high profile school/media target. He played 10 ineligible players (drug test failure made them ineligible), and his school covered it up - how is that better than Tressel/OSU? How come nobody is being fired at Syracuse? There may not be any emails about the drug tests, but surely Boeheim knew his guys failed drug tests and played them anyway. The Fine thing was also swept under the rug by Syracuse years ago, the media just now let it out (conveniently after the Statute of Limitations had expired so there won’t be a deeper inquiry). Boeheim really stuck his foot in his mouth about that one. And as far as academics, it’s not just Melo, a recent report came out about their APR being a threat to make them ineligible for the 2013 NCAA tournament.