Online TV Coverage of Penn State-Temple - $5.95

[quote=“dg12x, post:4, topic:406”]This appears to be the only place you’ll be able to watch the game: http://www.owlsports.com/showcase/#liveevents
However, it’ll cost you $5.95[/quote]

Good find!

A little heads up on the link. I just registered and it was kind of weird. I put in all credit card info, and it said “oops, there is some mistake” or something like that. I had my phone number wrong, and changed it, but that shouldn’t have made a difference. But I tried it again, and got same mistake. I kind of just stared at it for a minute or two, and then, voila, it worked, without doing anything. I would suggest people try to sign in an hour before, or like me, right away. It’s good for 24 hours, and the next game is December 10th or later, so no use waiting.

On another matter, I am going to use my HDMI cable to hook it up to my flatscreen TV. FYI, pc cable not as good, as the sound with the pc cable goes thru the pc, with the HDMI it goes thru the TV. If anyone needs help with this, let me know, but if you have HDMI setup, go buy the cable, and I’d recommend you don’t buy a short cable, but something like 10’, as you can be on your pc on another screen when you’re watching the game on TV. There’s some things you have to do, like have cable connected when you boot your pc, set the TV to the right HDMI setting, etc. It’s unreal watching it on TV, but sometimes the stream isn’t great. I see this site requires you to use Microsoft media player, which IMO, isn’t the best. Hope the streaming is good.

Good find Tim.dg12x.

All props to dg12x…

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:2, topic:419”]A little heads up on the link. I just registered and it was kind of weird. I put in all credit card info, and it said “oops, there is some mistake” or something like that. I had my phone number wrong, and changed it, but that shouldn’t have made a difference. But I tried it again, and got same mistake. I kind of just stared at it for a minute or two, and then, voila, it worked, without doing anything. I would suggest people try to sign in an hour before, or like me, right away. It’s good for 24 hours, and the next game is December 10th or later, so no use waiting.

On another matter, I am going to use my HDMI cable to hook it up to my flatscreen TV. FYI, pc cable not as good, as the sound with the pc cable goes thru the pc, with the HDMI it goes thru the TV. If anyone needs help with this, let me know, but if you have HDMI setup, go buy the cable, and I’d recommend you don’t buy a short cable, but something like 10’, as you can be on your pc on another screen when you’re watching the game on TV. There’s some things you have to do, like have cable connected when you boot your pc, set the TV to the right HDMI setting, etc. It’s unreal watching it on TV, but sometimes the stream isn’t great. I see this site requires you to use Microsoft media player, which IMO, isn’t the best. Hope the streaming is good.

Good find Tim.[/quote]

I just did and had no problems. Weird.

I agree HDMI is the way to go but if you don’t have one already PLEASE don’t go and buy on for $100+ at Best Buy/ Circuit City. You can get one that works just as well from online places for <$5. It seems criminal.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:2, topic:419"]A little heads up on the link. I just registered and it was kind of weird. I put in all credit card info, and it said "oops, there is some mistake" or something like that. I had my phone number wrong, and changed it, but that shouldn't have made a difference. But I tried it again, and got same mistake. I kind of just stared at it for a minute or two, and then, voila, it worked, without doing anything. I would suggest people try to sign in an hour before, or like me, right away. It's good for 24 hours, and the next game is December 10th or later, so no use waiting.

Good find Tim.[/quote]

I agree HDMI is the way to go but if you don’t have one already PLEASE don’t go and buy on for $100+ at Best Buy/ Circuit City. You can get one that works just as well from online places for <$5. It seems criminal.

$100. :o I paid $40 at Best Buy. $5 is cheap. I wuz robbed. I think Circuit City is out of business, so definitely don’t go there. :wink:

Monoprice is great for cables.

Glad to help out with the link. A buddy of mine from Philly actually pointed it out to me yesterday…hope it works for those who try it out!

[quote="kidcoyote, post:2, topic:419"]A little heads up on the link. I just registered and it was kind of weird. I put in all credit card info, and it said "oops, there is some mistake" or something like that. I had my phone number wrong, and changed it, but that shouldn't have made a difference. But I tried it again, and got same mistake. I kind of just stared at it for a minute or two, and then, voila, it worked, without doing anything. I would suggest people try to sign in an hour before, or like me, right away. It's good for 24 hours, and the next game is December 10th or later, so no use waiting.

Good find Tim.[/quote]

$100. :o I paid $40 at Best Buy. $5 is cheap. I wuz robbed. I think Circuit City is out of business, so definitely don’t go there. :wink:

I paid something like $10 or $12 for mine at Big Lots. I knew I could get them cheaper, but I was there, no shipping, etc. so I felt okay with it. The big electronics stores do get you with those items. They sell you the TV, etc. cheap. Then they get you on all the accessories.

Important note for those with Macs…works with windows media player only…i didn’t see this until after I bought it.

Is there a Windows media player for Mac? Or do I have to use my wife’s laptop?

I am trying on my Mac, using the Mac side and Windows XP under Parallels. I keep failing at the registration stage – before I even get to the credit card. I get “Registration Unsuccessful” and invited to retry. It isn’t working on either OS. I will keep pounding.

I tried to use my email address as my user name. Although it did not tell me that was the problem, when I changed to a shorter user name, I got through.

I got this and it just came on. But no video!! Hopefully that will change with the start of the game, but looking at the website, there’s nothing that says the broadcast has video, is there?

Anyone getting a picture yet? I’ve just heard some screaming kid on pregame so far.

PSU radio is on this link: http://209.50.129.233:8080/wkok

EDIT: Video is up!

YES!! VIDEO!!! It’s OK so far.

I’m using mozilla firefox. Had trouble with Internet explorer.

That’s funny. I tried Safari, but had to switch to IE to get it to work.