Ohio-native Edwards excited for homecoming

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx

Also: Inconsistency plagues Lions

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/inconsistency_plagues_lions.aspx

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:779”]http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/inconsistency_plagues_lions.aspx[/quote]

I read on these articles where ED is saying we’re are inconsistent, got to make shots, etc. I don’t recall reading an article where ED says he(ED) has to do a better job with this team. ED is the leader…the team is his responsibility. Am I missing something?

It’s just “coach speak.” Not to be taken seriously.
By the way , JoePA many times blames himself (not the players or his assistants.) But that is “coach speak” also.

[quote=“tundra, post:3, topic:779”]It’s just “coach speak.” Not to be taken seriously.
By the way , JoePA many times blames himself (not the players or his assistants.) But that is “coach speak” also.[/quote]

joema just looks for any reason to take a shot at Ed on any thread. I’m surprised he has not blamed team injuries on Ed. ::slight_smile:

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:779"]It's just "coach speak." Not to be taken seriously. By the way , JoePA many times blames himself (not the players or his assistants.) But that is "coach speak" also.[/quote]

joema just looks for any reason to take a shot at Ed on any thread. I’m surprised he has not blamed team injuries on Ed. ::slight_smile:

Cappy…speaking of taking shots. You’re pretty at it…it seems the only time you comment is when you taking shots at posters.

Now…back to the matter at hand.

[quote=“tundra, post:3, topic:779”]It’s just “coach speak.” Not to be taken seriously.
By the way , JoePA many times blames himself (not the players or his assistants.) But that is “coach speak” also.[/quote]

Tundra…agree it’s coach speak. But I think as a fan…you like to hear that. I coach middle school hoops and after a loss I constantly question what I could have done better…not what the players didn’t do. If my players don’t execute…I blame myself.

I just think ED needs to say it so his players don’t begin to lose confidence in themselves. By saying it…it may lessen the burden the players feel. Just a thought.

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:779"]It's just "coach speak." Not to be taken seriously. By the way , JoePA many times blames himself (not the players or his assistants.) But that is "coach speak" also.[/quote]

Well I am pretty sure Ed follows the Jerry Dunn practice regimen. ;D

[quote="CAPPY, post:1, topic:779"][url=http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx]http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx[/url]

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/inconsistency_plagues_lions.aspx[/quote]

I read on these articles where ED is saying we’re are inconsistent, got to make shots, etc. I don’t recall reading an article where ED says he(ED) has to do a better job with this team. ED is the leader…the team is his responsibility. Am I missing something?

Agreed. However, isn’t it also more likely that PSU is just not a good shooting team. That we’re inconsistent b/c we’re not very good. This is all code for we don’t have the horses.

[quote="CAPPY, post:1, topic:779"][url=http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx]http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/02/ohionative_edwards_excited_for.aspx[/url]

Agreed. However, isn’t it also more likely that PSU is just not a good shooting team. That we’re inconsistent b/c we’re not very good. This is all code for we don’t have the horses.

I agree but I was thinking more about confidence. If ED shoulder’s the responsibility it could help more or at least not hurt the team mentally. At this point, the team is questioning their ability…big time.

I was saying the same thing about Ed a couple of weeks ago. Joema has the right idea on this one and we’ve heard enough excuses from Ed over the years, it’s time to step up.

ED needs to take the brunt of the responsibility.

We don’t need the kids like Babb telling us he’s still contributing by playing defense…he does that in the article. He said that after ED said…“I need guys to score 10 every night not 18 one night and 2 the next”. ED iks wrong by saying things like this…he needs to MAN-UP!!!

I’m not a Roy Williams fan and UNC is reeling. I often hear him in news conferences say I need to do a better job with these kids. The coach takes the blame in an attempt to keep the kids confidence up.

Agreed. If that arrogant crybaby can come out and say “I’m not getting the job done”, why can’t our respectable nice guy can? Especially when you see the 7 year record…

[quote="joema, post:11, topic:779"]I'm not a Roy Williams fan and UNC is reeling. I often hear him in news conferences say I need to do a better job with these kids. The coach takes the blame in an attempt to keep the kids confidence up.[/quote]

Agreed. If that arrogant crybaby can come out and say “I’m not getting the job done”, why can’t our respectable nice guy can? Especially when you see the 7 year record…

Good point. I’m guessign that ED doesn’t want to open the floodgates into his job criticism by saying he’s not doing a good enough job. Its much easier for everyone in the program to continue deluding themselves by claiming, “we’re very close, we’re inconsistent” instead of saying, we are just not getting it done.

As far as Roy, while I’m surprised their struggling, several of their freshman (the twins, Henson) aren’t ready for prime-time. And I was never sold on Drew as a top-tier PG.

[quote="joema, post:11, topic:779"]I'm not a Roy Williams fan and UNC is reeling. I often hear him in news conferences say I need to do a better job with these kids. The coach takes the blame in an attempt to keep the kids confidence up.[/quote]

Good point. I’m guessign that ED doesn’t want to open the floodgates into his job criticism by saying he’s not doing a good enough job. Its much easier for everyone in the program to continue deluding themselves by claiming, “we’re very close, we’re inconsistent” instead of saying, we are just not getting it done.

As far as Roy, while I’m surprised their struggling, several of their freshman (the twins, Henson) aren’t ready for prime-time. And I was never sold on Drew as a top-tier PG.

Very true…if ED would say he wasn’t getting the job done then the floodgates would open. Probably a good play on his part…keep deflecting.

I agree Drew is a 2-guard. UNC needs a point guard.

Very true…if ED would say he wasn’t getting the job done then the floodgates would open. Probably a good play on his part…keep deflecting.

Last I checked 0-9 so far in the BT had already opened the floodgates.

Not as much as should be expected. As this board demonstrates, there’s a sizeable minority of the board that thinks he should be retained. Also, the criticism of ED by the admin/boosters/ex-players/ec.

Ed didn’t say that, the author of the article implied that he said it. I listened to the press conference and Ed was asked a question about DJ showing more consistancy, to which he replied that you like having a guy like him because you know what you’re going to get every night and that he’s a dependable player. The writer then intreprets it to mean what you wrote in your quotes. If you listened to the press conference, Ed was very positive about his players and talked about Babb being a guy that always responds after a rough shooting game.

Not as much as should be expected. As this board demonstrates, there’s a sizeable minority of the board that thinks he should be retained. Also, the criticism of ED by the admin/boosters/ex-players/ec.

Just because you feel that it’s a minority doesn’t make it a minority.

Haha - check the results and ED’s record buddy.

Haha - check the results and ED’s record buddy.

Your comment was “there’s a sizeable minority of the board that thinks he should be retained”. I questioned that, and you respond about his results and his record. His record stinks. However that wasn’t your comment.