PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Oh Dear

I have the feeling there are going to be some “hammers being tossed” in here tonight. :o I didn’t get to see or hear the game tonight, and I suspect that I’m glad I didn’t…

Windows are smashed. It’s pitchforks and torches at twenty paces.

My pants are currently on fire too

As there should be.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1667"]Windows are smashed. It's pitchforks and torches at twenty paces.[/quote]

As there should be.

Smashing windows, using pitchforks and torches isn’t going to help anything. We can either try to understand why we lost this game, or panic and go crazy.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1667"]Windows are smashed. It's pitchforks and torches at twenty paces.[/quote]

As there should be.

Smashing windows, using pitchforks and torches isn’t going to help anything. We can either try to understand why we lost this game, or panic and go crazy.

I’m for the panic and go crazy… :wink:

As there should be.

We lost this game because we have no post game, bad perimeter shooting and no leadership. Other than that things are Peachy.

Understand? Or rationalize?

I understand why. You try to rationalize everything that goes wrong.

As there should be.

We lost this game because we have no post game, bad perimeter shooting and no leadership. Other than that things are Peachy.

I’d disagree on the leadership, unless you don’t think Talor can be the only leader. But he’s as clutch a college player as there is right now. You’re right on the perimeter shooting. And if you think about it, an America East team has a better post game than PSU. Wow. We couldn’t finish atop the AE conference. Sad. Every game is a similar struggle, whether it’s Maryland, MSM or Maine. Ed’s gotta go. He can’t adjust.

Oh dear is right! The Lady Lions are currently losing by 14 to Drexel too. :frowning:

I think we’d finish atop the AE conference. I don’t think we would go undefeated, but I think we’d win the conference. Do you think Maine is one of the better AE teams or one of the worst?

As there should be.

I’d disagree on the leadership, unless you don’t think Talor can be the only leader. But he’s as clutch a college player as there is right now. You’re right on the perimeter shooting. And if you think about it, an America East team has a better post game than PSU. Wow. We couldn’t finish atop the AE conference. Sad. Every game is a similar struggle, whether it’s Maryland, MSM or Maine. Ed’s gotta go. He can’t adjust.

Kid, I LOVE Talor. But there is a difference between a star and leader. Talor is a star but he’s not a leader. Stars get theirs. Leaders make sure that others get theirs and they still get theirs too. Allen Iverson was a tremendous player but not a leader. Talor trys, but nobody is following. I thought that Taran would at least help him but that isn’t even helping. Right now this is a rudderless ship without a paddle.

This is a bad team.

I’ll try to refrain from hyperbole, but along w/ issues shooting the ball, playing defense and offense down low we suffer from bad coaching as well.

I supported Ed for the majority of his tenure, but his recruiting has been suspect, the development of players has not been significant and we just haven’t won nearly enough.

Of course, having said that I know no one in the admin is listening, but I feel better for having vented. Lar, feel free to bill me!

One side note: I feel bad for Talor. I think he’s an NBA level talent, but hasn’t had anything resembling support other than Cornley in his four years here.

:-\

Can we give some credit to Maine? Didn’t they play a pretty good game themselves? could it be that Maine showed us things that we aren’t accustomed to seeing?

Maine played fantastic! How often do you see a team shoot 60% from 3 land? Oh I forgot, we see it often. Was it Wisky or Minny or both who set a record against us last year?

But Penn State gave them open looks at times and a bunch of easy layups. It would feel strange for me to give credit to a team like them. Any team in a BCS conference has to be able to beat a team like them. We beat ourselves. I get what you’re thinking, but this loss is because we played badly.

Really?

Yes everything is fine-Ed got outcoached. He had too much time to prepare for this contest. Eddie D will be fine when games are closer together. He is a GREAT X & O guy-This is his best team yet??? He would lose with LeBron on the team

Ed needs players who are good enough to make up for his poor coaching. He has one of those players in Battle. Unfortunately he doesn’t have a full starting roster of those kinds of guys.

Actually he only needs 1 more. But that guy needs to be about 6’6" 250 and plays bigger than he is and gets rebounds and scores. Unfortunately Mel used up his eligibility.