PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OB call on Brooks with 2:30 to go

What we are left to view here has the score bar obscuring our ability to have a clear look. However, IMO, nevertheless the alingnment of body and ball begs the question how Brooks or the ball could have POSSIBLY been OB. No way, and not within several inches and most probably a half foot or more.
There must be a camera angle for PSU coaches to view that provide a less obstructed view. Maybe Penn State has it and can at least get the BigTen to view that call for review of the official who made it.
For any of you that have the game recorded go to the 2:35 to 2:30 mark and view that OB call. The call really raises questions. I don’t even want to say what my worst thoughts are.
You can advise me to let it go-but that call is too far out sync with what I am seeing for me. Am I the only one who see it that way?
As for the last call, this is not your bang, bang toss up call. Close yeah, but the official blew a call that a good official gets right, and he got it wrong.

I often told my kids that, I didn’t want to hear about loosing games because of the officials. Told them, they had to play well enough to not leave the game in a situation that officials could determine the outcome. But in these last couple of games, it stings that that is what has happened and Penn State just happens to be 0-2. I think Ed has to ask himself why his team and his players have so much trouble getting those calls, and while I have always ascribed to the “calls will even out club,” when it come to PSU BB in the BigTen, that IMHO is just not reality.

[quote=“Duff, post:1, topic:1814”]What we are left to view here has the score bar obscuring our ability to have a clear look. However, IMO, nevertheless the alingnment of body and ball begs the question how Brooks or the ball could have POSSIBLY been OB. No way, and not within several inches and most probably a half foot or more.
There must be a camera angle for PSU coaches to view that provide a less obstructed view. Maybe Penn State has it and can at least get the BigTen to view that call for review of the official who made it.
For any of you that have the game recorded go to the 2:35 to 2:30 mark and view that OB call. The call really raises questions. I don’t even want to say what my worst thoughts are.
You can advise me to let it go-but that call is too far out sync with what I am seeing for me. Am I the only one who see it that way?
As for the last call, this is not your bang, bang toss up call. Close yeah, but the official blew a call that a good official gets right, and he got it wrong.

I often told my kids that, I didn’t want to hear about loosing games because of the officials. Told them, they had to play well enough to not leave the game in a situation that officials could determine the outcome. But in these last couple of games, it stings that that is what has happened and Penn State just happens to be 0-2. I think Ed has to ask himself why his team and his players have so much trouble getting those calls, and while I have always ascribed to the “calls will even out club,” when it come to PSU BB in the BigTen, that IMHO is just not reality.[/quote]

I went back and looked at it using my TiVo’s slo-mo and stepped through the frames. You can just barely, and I mean barely, see a bit of the ball appear below the score bar and appear to POSSIBLY touch the white sideline. If it didn’t it was only a hair away. The official was staring right at it and I would have to give him the benefit of the doubt particularly since the ball travels an inch or two between frames and it’s quite possible it was smack on the sideline between the frames the camera caught.

OK, my record stop and look, is not as good with u-verse as it was with direct TV. I’m surprised but on the other hand somewhat relieved to hear that you feel it was that close that it could have been called as it was, because my thoughts were pretty negative.
Regardless, the close calls in under 3 minutes of the last two games have been very one sided and the scale has tipped far enough against PSU that it is bothersome. Just MHO the type of opinion that I usually try to be above.

[quote=“Duff, post:3, topic:1814”]OK, my record stop and look, is not as good with u-verse as it was with direct TV. I’m surprised but on the other hand somewhat relieved to hear that you feel it was that close that it could have been called as it was, because my thoughts were pretty negative.
Regardless, the close calls in under 3 minutes of the last two games have been very one sided and the scale has tipped far enough against PSU that it is bothersome. Just MHO the type of opinion that I usually try to be above.[/quote]

I’m trying to transfer the game to my computer now. I’ve had some troubles recently getting my TiVo files to transfer so I’m not sure it will work but I’ll try to get a screen capture to show you what I’m referring to.

[quote="Duff, post:3, topic:1814"]OK, my record stop and look, is not as good with u-verse as it was with direct TV. [b]I'm surprised[/b] but on the other hand somewhat relieved to hear that you feel it was that close that it could have been called as it was, because my thoughts were pretty negative. Regardless, the close calls in under 3 minutes of the last two games have been very one sided and the scale has tipped far enough against PSU that it is bothersome. Just MHO the type of opinion that I usually try to be above.[/quote]

I’m trying to transfer the game to my computer now. I’ve had some troubles recently getting my TiVo files to transfer so I’m not sure it will work but I’ll try to get a screen capture to show you what I’m referring to.

Great news UncleLar. Were you able to transfer the game to your computer? A lot of us would like to have a second look at it. Is it possible to make a video of this sequence or of the last few minutes?