PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

November 7th, 2010

It’s officially basketball season (though I and others could make the argument it started on October 15th). The conversation here has strayed from that recently, but let’s make an effort to get things back on track here at PennStateHoops.com.

No more football.

No more OT. There are other boards for that, namely BWLie.

Strictly basketball.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1458”]It’s officially basketball season (though I and others could make the argument it started on October 15th). The conversation here has strayed from that recently, but let’s make an effort to get things back on track here at PennStateHoops.com.

No more football.

Strictly basketball.[/quote]

So let’s see 10-15 topics about today’s exhibition!

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1458”]It’s officially basketball season (though I and others could make the argument it started on October 15th). The conversation here has strayed from that recently, but let’s make an effort to get things back on track here at PennStateHoops.com.

No more football.

Actually, I think, the BigTen12 season started Saturday. SCum defeated Illinois 67-65! :wink:

[quote="NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1458"]It's officially basketball season (though I and others could make the argument it started on October 15th). The conversation here has strayed from that recently, but let's make an effort to get things back on track here at PennStateHoops.com.

No more football.

Actually, I think, the BigTen12 season started Saturday. SCum defeated Illinois 67-65! :wink:

Can we please refer to the BigTen as the BigTen for at least one more year? Calling a 12 team BigTen the Big10 and a 10 team BigXII the Big12 is going to take a lot of adjustment after this year. As usual, there are 11 teams competing in the BigTen conference this season.

As far as the OP’s plea to keep it “strictly basketball” I’m all for it, but we also can’t take ourselves too seriously. There’s no reason why this can’t be a fun season. Lets not evaluate success or harshly criticize the coaching staff until after the season. We should do our best to enhance the team’s ability to be the best they can be!

No more football.

I think part of the beauty of the board is the OT and football stuff. Personally, I think that I’d rather talk football here than with the wackos on BWI. I don’t think that any of the other stuff ever takes away from the hoops talk.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1458"]It's officially basketball season (though I and others could make the argument it started on October 15th). The conversation here has strayed from that recently, but let's make an effort to get things back on track here at PennStateHoops.com.

No more football.

I think part of the beauty of the board is the OT and football stuff. Personally, I think that I’d rather talk football here than with the wackos on BWI. I don’t think that any of the other stuff ever takes away from the hoops talk.

I agree. Whether I’m correct or not, I think the group here has a pretty high IQ and a pretty well rounded collection of knowledge to share. It would be a shame to stifle that. Anyway, we do have a game today. Anyone planning to attend?

No more football.

I agree. Whether I’m correct or not, I think the group here has a pretty high IQ and a pretty well rounded collection of knowledge to share. It would be a shame to stifle that. Anyway, we do have a game today. Anyone planning to attend?

I agree with frats and mjg. And yes, Ms. CAPPY and I will be @ the game(s). :slight_smile:

There should be an off topic forum section here. I don’t dislike talking Fantasy Football or PSU Football, but sometimes it clutters the basketball area, which is the only area.

Move OT’s to the deadwood board? :slight_smile: :wink:

No more football.

Which was a lot higher scoring game than the SCum/Illinois BASKETBALL game last year (55-41)

[quote="noobd, post:8, topic:1458"]There should be an off topic forum section here. I don't dislike talking Fantasy Football or PSU Football, but sometimes it clutters the basketball area, which is the only area.[/quote]

Move OT’s to the deadwood board? :slight_smile: :wink:

Might as well, until Tim comes back. ;D