Not to drink too much Kool Aid

I know it’s way way to early to talk about this. But I was just thinking about it and there are going to be a lot of players gone after next season across the Big Ten. Some big name players. Does Penn State have a shot at a title in 2010-11? A senior heavy squad with Taran coming in and hopefuly another good season to build on. I’m not saying it’ll happen but if the right players make the right steps forward it couldn’t be out of the question. I’m drinking the kool aid I know…but I’m sure you want a sip :wink:

Do you have a tap for that keg? That’s a lot of kool-aid.

Interesting thought though, no doubt. We need to see how this class and team mature before hazarding a guess, IMO.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:106"]I know it's way way to early to talk about this. But I was just thinking about it and there are going to be a lot of players gone after next season across the Big Ten. Some big name players. Does Penn State have a shot at a title in 2010-11? A senior heavy squad with Taran coming in and hopefuly another good season to build on. I'm not saying it'll happen but if the right players make the right steps forward it couldn't be out of the question. I'm drinking the kool aid I know.....but I'm sure you want a sip ;)[/quote] Do you have a tap for that keg? That's a lot of kool-aid.

Interesting thought though, no doubt. We need to see how this class and team mature before hazarding a guess, IMO.

I agree 100% a lot of things would need to fall into place. But on the outset this team could have the most age on the court. That counts for something. I’m not saying I’m expecting it to happen. But it could be possible to be in the conversation if the right people step up

I wouldn’t count us out. I think we will be better than the 8th place team everyone says we are this year. That will be something to build on.

I think it really depends more on US than everybody else. Teams like MSU and OSU are constantly going to be talented, while the Wiskey, Illini, Boilers and Gophers of the world will always be fundamentally a pain in the butt to play. And that doesn’t even factor in Indiana and Michigan both improving at a brisk pace with their new regimes recently installed.

If our juniors this year play like 3rd year juniors who won a school record number of games last year, and continue meshing as a team during what could be a challenging in-between year… then yes, we will potentially be very good next year.

But that’s some big if’s at this point… and not so many if’s for all the other teams I listed.

Hey - love the optimism. Really do. I hope you’re right to feel that way, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here… it was just a year ago this time that most people were ready to kick Eddy out, now we have a post about winning a big ten title… it’s amazing what just one year can do to your perspective.

Let’s see how things go this year first… and then hopefully get really excited next year this time.