Not to bring more bad news

But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

Also worth noting, his admitted best friend on the team outside of Battle is…Chris Babb.

Make of it what you will, I’m just reporting.

When it rains it pours, if this true what the heck happened in the last week and was Curley’s comments have anything to do with this?

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:1012”]But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

Also worth noting, his admitted best friend on the team outside of Battle is…Chris Babb.

Make of it what you will, I’m just reporting.[/quote]

And Curley likes the direction this program is heading. ::slight_smile:

It’s clear that Curley has no idea what is going on with the basketball program. He needs to go NOW.

Tim Curley office painting.

[URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/87169938062422549320257.jpg/][/URL]

[quote=“NGameday, post:6, topic:1012”]Tim Curley office painting.

[URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/87169938062422549320257.jpg/][/URL][/quote]
I am jealous. Hilarious picture. :slight_smile:

[quote=“NGameday, post:6, topic:1012”]Tim Curley office painting.

[URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/87169938062422549320257.jpg/][/URL][/quote]

oooo yeah!!

I think winning and losing are highly contagious, with Taran overreacting to the good fortunes of '09 and the bad fortunes of '10.

Regarding our beloved AD, If I remember correctly he was hired in the early 90’s. AT that time the athletic department had achieved its major objective of getting tied in to a major conference, moneys were pouring in for new facilities, and the football team was at peak as a no-maintenance cash cow. I short, he had nothing really major to deal with. I’m guessing he must be good at the behind-the-scenes administrative day-to-day, but nothing in his job has required anything like “vision” from him.

I don’t even blame ED that much. It’s Curley who needs to go. I just wish we could get an AD who actually gives a crap about basketball…

Looks like you have to change your name now. :wink:

[quote=“OzLion, post:9, topic:1012”]I think winning and losing are highly contagious, with Taran overreacting to the good fortunes of '09 and the bad fortunes of '10.

Regarding our beloved AD, If I remember correctly he was hired in the early 90’s. AT that time the athletic department had achieved its major objective of getting tied in to a major conference, moneys were pouring in for new facilities, and the football team was at peak as a no-maintenance cash cow. I short, he had nothing really major to deal with. I’m guessing he must be good at the behind-the-scenes administrative day-to-day, but nothing in his job has required anything like “vision” from him. [/quote]
It is only one example, but look at Mike Belotti’s decision to step down as AD at Oregon. Bellotti, the former head football coach at Oregon, is resigning his position as AD to take an analyst job at ESPN.

"[i]Yet Bellotti’s step upstairs never stopped being curious, simply because head coaches moving upstairs is, as Bellotti’s biography in the Oregon media guide said, “no longer the norm.”

Once upon a time, a head coach retired into the AD job, where he supported his coaches, played golf with his big donors and called it a day. In the modern age, athletic directors are CEOs of companies with eight-figure (sometimes nine) budgets. It is a corporate job.

“He’s got so many things to do,” Kelly said. “We don’t spend a lot of time talking about other issues.”

Athletic directors are marketers and fundraisers. They have degrees in sports management. They look like insurance agents. And they wouldn’t know a coach from a coachman. Why else hire consultants to help them find a coach? [/i].

I don't even blame ED that much. It's Curley who needs to go. I just wish we could get an AD who actually gives a crap about basketball...
Looks like you have to change your name now. ;)

Done. Better? I think so.

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:1012”]But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

If that is true it is very troubling. My goodness Taran’s committment was a big part of the reason his whole family relocated to Centre County. I don’t get it and I sure hope that that is not the case. If, however, it is true, it’s also reveals (IMO) a series of cataclasmic events that just beg to be dealt with.
No way should Curley have commented when he did (at the tournament).
Typical PSU protocall is to say that at the conclusion of each season we will be doing a full review of where feel the program is. That will be done in the next X number of days. At that time we will share that with the media and public.
Like many others, I feel that was has been happening has reflected quite poorly on Curley.

Better to face the facts, than to pretend they aren’t there. This collapse is looking eerily similar to that of Seton Hall’s except it is being done “cleanly”.

But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

Make of it what you will, I’m just reporting.

If that is true it is very troubling. My goodness Taran’s committment was a big part of the reason his whole family relocated to Centre County. I don’t get it and I sure hope that that is not the case. If, however, it is true, it’s also reveals (IMO) a series of cataclasmic events that just beg to be dealt with.
Typical PSU protocall is to say that at the conclusion of each season we will be doing a full review of where feel the program is. That will be done in the next X number of days. At that time we will share that with the media and public.
Like many others, I feel that was has been happening has reflected quite poorly on Curley.

The tough part about the moving to State College is that we forget it was as much as a family choice as a basketball one. State High is a really good high school and State College is a great place to grow up in (I would know.lol)…move here and all the little Battle/Buie’s grow up in a nice place suppose to Albany. They also get to see Talor play and Taran play in High School. This could have been a choice for the family as much as it was basketball.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:1012"]But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

The tough part about the moving to State College is that we forget it was as much as a family choice as a basketball one. State High is a really good high school and State College is a great place to grow up in (I would know.lol)…move here and all the little Battle/Buie’s grow up in a nice place suppose to Albany. They also get to see Talor play and Taran play in High School. This could have been a choice for the family as much as it was basketball.

My comment was meant to indicate that it was a decision that created the best family situation where the whole family could be in the same immediate vacinity. Are things in the program so far down that the family would be saying, “it isn’t worth it for Taran’s sake?”

[quote="Babbilicious17, post:10, topic:1012"]I don't even blame ED that much. It's Curley who needs to go. I just wish we could get an AD who actually gives a crap about basketball...[/quote] Looks like you have to change your name now. ;)

Done. Better? I think so.

:smiley:

Despite the bad news the last two days, some damn funny moments on here lately.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:1012"]But it is well known at State High that Taran wants out of his LOI. He has mentioned it multiple times to teammates and friends.

Hey, quit bashing Albany. Don’t you know that is the center of the world for NYS HS basketball! :wink:

IMO, Curley was so quick to comment because he was already well aware of the rumblings and grumblings surrounding Ed keeping his job and an almost immediate “vote of confidence” would lay to rest any lingering speculation between the end of the season and any formal announcement days/weeks after the date.

While I understand why Curley might have made such a quick comment, I question why commentary on Ed’s future wasn’t made until after a review process was undertaken after the end of the season. Every head coaching position with which I have been familiar has had to undergo a review process after the end of the season, even a process that is cursory. The only conclusion I can come to is that Curley never had any intention of firing Ed, no matter what his review uncovered.

The current exodus of players isn’t likely to alter or change his opinion of Ed or his tenure, so once again, it all seems like a lot of bluff and bluster which will slowly simmer into a festering ire and resentment. :frowning: