PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

No more printed season tickets (for the most part)

Season%20Ticket%20RFID

Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s Hockey, Women’s Volleyball and Wrestling are going to season ticket RFID cards instead of printed tickets (my wallet just got a lot fatter). You will be able to still use your mobile device if you choose. You can also still transfer individual game tickets using your Ticket Account Manager.

Details here

1 Like

Can’t be too long before this comes to football, too.

1 Like

Makes sense. Mobile using Apple Wallet is the easiest way to go anyway.

2 Likes

I think this is the way to go or just go mobile. I understand that tickets are great and all but they can easily be lost or FORGOTTEN. (I have to hide everything because of my cats and I forgot my single tickets I purchased for the Michigan game this season lol)

Until you have people frantically attempting to download their tickets prior to the game…we already have ■■■■■■ cell service at the Beav.

2 Likes

I had that happen to me at AC Hard Rock arena for boxing. We had to leave the line and go outside to download the e tickets.

1 Like

I assume this is way more about controlling the secondary ticket market and making sure they can double dip on fees than ease of use for season ticket holders.

2 Likes

Such a pain in the butt. I donate a pair of hockey tickets to a charity for auction and this just makes it a bigger pain in the backside. Oh well.

1 Like

Return to the gold standard

2 Likes

Given our basketball tradition, silver standard.

1 Like