PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

No More Nellie - Ball?

Looks like Keith Smart will take over for Don Nelson as HC of the Golden State Warriors.
Rumors are the new coach wants the team to play REAL basketball; with defense even!!
What will this do to Curry’s stats??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5608982

Kid and I may have to revisit that Curry wager… :wink:

Speaking of Curry…remember when Talor leading the US team in scoring proved he was the best player on the team? I wonder what that means for Curry, who was one of the lowest scoring players on the US team in the World Championships. He was even playing behind Eric Gordon, as Gordon was the team’s best 3 point shooter.

Obviously, it proves that Battle is way better than Curry! :wink:

[quote="NICU, post:3, topic:1361"]Speaking of Curry...remember when Talor leading the US team in scoring proved he was the best player on the team? I wonder what that means for Curry, who was one of the lowest scoring players on the US team in the World Championships. He was even playing behind Eric Gordon, as Gordon was the team's best 3 point shooter.[/quote]

Obviously, it proves that Battle is way better than Curry! :wink:

yes…and since Curry averaged 17.5pt, 4.5rb & 5.9apg as a rookie, it proved that our Battle is at least on par with Magic who averaged 18.0pt, 7.7rb & 7.3apg as a rookie.

You want 16ppg again. You’re on. He’ll blow that away. Not sure if they still do all league teams, but I’d expect he could make 2nd team. He was in top 10 in several categories, FT shooting, 3p%(no one who hit more 3’s shot better) and jumped way up in assists per game. Probably averaged 7apg the last month or so.

I expect GS to be much, much better. I think Maggette is gone, and Turiaf is(thank goodness)but they got David Lee from the Knicks, and just vs. the Knicks this should help, as Lee had 32 points and 20 rebounds in game vs. GS last year. Plus they got the nation’s leading shot blocker(a lotto pick) in Udoh, though I understand he’s hurt and may miss some games. I haven’t really checked it out. Curry only shot 14-15 shots per game, way behind league leaders, 8-10 per game behind Ellis(I’m not looking it up, so don’t nail me if I’m off a bit)so I don’t see his shots going down.

NICU, I said Talor would lmore likely lead USA in scoring than not make the team, did I not? Some were concerned he wouldn’t make the team. Now, that’s funny. And blue2blue, as I stated that Curry was best shooter into the NBA since Reggie Miller(which most laughed at), I don’t think I made the comparison you’re suggesting. You should get your facts straight. I think I was dead on. Some of you guys remind me of bitchy girlfriends I used to have. When I was right, they’d act like you’re acting. :wink:

[quote="Skeeza, post:2, topic:1361"]Kid and I may have to revisit that Curry wager.... ;)[/quote]

You want 16ppg again. You’re on. He’ll blow that away. Not sure if they still do all league teams, but I’d expect he could make 2nd team. He was in top 10 in several categories, FT shooting, 3p%(no one who hit more 3’s shot better) and jumped way up in assists per game. Probably averaged 7apg the last month or so.

I expect GS to be much, much better. I think Maggette is gone, and Turiaf is(thank goodness)but they got David Lee from the Knicks, and just vs. the Knicks this should help, as Lee had 32 points and 20 rebounds in game vs. GS last year. Plus they got the nation’s leading shot blocker(a lotto pick) in Udoh, though I understand he’s hurt and may miss some games. I haven’t really checked it out. Curry only shot 14-15 shots per game, way behind league leaders, 8-10 per game behind Ellis(I’m not looking it up, so don’t nail me if I’m off a bit)so I don’t see his shots going down.

NICU, I said Talor would lmore likely lead USA in scoring than not make the team, did I not? Some were concerned he wouldn’t make the team. Now, that’s funny. And blue2blue, as I stated that Curry was best shooter into the NBA since Reggie Miller(which most laughed at), I don’t think I made the comparison you’re suggesting. You should get your facts straight. I think I was dead on. Some of you guys remind me of bitchy girlfriends I used to have. When I was right, they’d act like you’re acting. :wink:

The last person that called my his bitchy girlfriend woke up in the hospital! :wink:

I know you never made the Curry/Battle comparison - just having some fun on this cool, crisp fall day…

[quote="Skeeza, post:2, topic:1361"]Kid and I may have to revisit that Curry wager.... ;)[/quote]

Latest rumor from ESPN…

Steph Curry, carmelo Anthony, Ande Ilegualla (sp?), and another player may be involved in a 4-way trade.

Top draft pick Udoh injured! Old news…but not reported here yet, I don’t think.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-07-13/sports/21981002_1_warriors-point-guard-stephen-curry-general-manager-larry-riley

I have been checking GSW’s message boards. Player quotes claim this will be a “new team” with actual Passing and Defense…We will see.