No April's Fool Joke?

The Duke in Philly classic was great. I was hoping for something like that this year.

3D Books! - Google Books Now Offers Digital Books in a New Dimension

I was thinking that we could all chip in and buy TimmyB the Ultimate Geek Spork

On a Devils forum, someone posted that Kovalchuk re-signed with the Devils for 6 years. It got a bunch of people, including myself. :smiley:

http://www.linebacker-u.com/2010/04/ed-dechellis-resigns-tim-curley-to-hold.html

HAHA!

[quote=“noobd, post:4, topic:1080”]http://www.linebacker-u.com/2010/04/ed-dechellis-resigns-tim-curley-to-hold.html

HAHA![/quote]

It’s poor taste to joke about a cancer survivor’s health. >:(

[quote="noobd, post:4, topic:1080"][url=http://www.linebacker-u.com/2010/04/ed-dechellis-resigns-tim-curley-to-hold.html]http://www.linebacker-u.com/2010/04/ed-dechellis-resigns-tim-curley-to-hold.html[/url]

HAHA![/quote]

It’s poor taste to joke about a cancer survivor’s health. >:(

I echo that. He’d probably move the furniture in Helen Keller’s house too. Poor taste LBU.

I’m not defending it, but I think it was a lot more of a nod to Urban Myer’s off and on “health concerns”…as always it is up for interpretation…but I don’t think it was a cancer joke…

I’m the one who wrote the article on LBU. It was never my intention to poke fun at DeChellis’ prior battles with cancer. I myself, having lost a grandfather to prostate cancer ten years ago would never stoop to such a joke. The “health concerns” was as NGameDay correctly infers, meant to be a reference to ‘burnout’ and was not in anyway meant to allude to a recurrence of cancer.

With that being said, I have deleted the ‘health concerns’ line from the article so there’s no further confusion. I apologize to anyone I may have offended with what was meant to be a harmless April Fool’s prank.

I wasn’t laughing at the cancer part, just the stepping down of ED part.

[quote=“TimPSU, post:8, topic:1080”]I’m the one who wrote the article on LBU. It was never my intention to poke fun at DeChellis’ prior battles with cancer. I myself, having lost a grandfather to prostate cancer ten years ago would never stoop to such a joke. The “health concerns” was as NGameDay correctly infers, meant to be a reference to ‘burnout’ and was not in anyway meant to allude to a recurrence of cancer.

With that being said, I have deleted the ‘health concerns’ line from the article so there’s no further confusion. I apologize to anyone I may have offended with what was meant to be a harmless April Fool’s prank.[/quote]
With everything you said, I still think it was in poor taste for you to target Ed as the source for “April Fool’s Day” prank. Hasn’t the poor guy been through enough already this year. Maybe you can go to the homeless shelter and put itching powder on all the mattresses, those guys haven’t had it too tough this year either.

[quote="TimPSU, post:8, topic:1080"]I'm the one who wrote the article on LBU. It was never my intention to poke fun at DeChellis' prior battles with cancer. I myself, having lost a grandfather to prostate cancer ten years ago would never stoop to such a joke. The "health concerns" was as NGameDay correctly infers, meant to be a reference to 'burnout' and was not in anyway meant to allude to a recurrence of cancer.

With that being said, I have deleted the ‘health concerns’ line from the article so there’s no further confusion. I apologize to anyone I may have offended with what was meant to be a harmless April Fool’s prank.[/quote]
With everything you said, I still think it was in poor taste for you to target Ed as the source for “April Fool’s Day” prank. Hasn’t the poor guy been through enough already this year. Maybe you can go to the homeless shelter and put itching powder on all the mattresses, those guys haven’t had it too tough this year either.

Getting paid a lot of money (at least $650,000) but losing a few basketball games is certainly on the same level as homelessness. Coach DeChellis really does have it tough. Sorry if I missed any health issues that Coach DeChellis had this year. Outside of that, I don’t really know what he “endured” this season. Lighten up a little.

[quote="TimPSU, post:8, topic:1080"]I'm the one who wrote the article on LBU. It was never my intention to poke fun at DeChellis' prior battles with cancer. I myself, having lost a grandfather to prostate cancer ten years ago would never stoop to such a joke. The "health concerns" was as NGameDay correctly infers, meant to be a reference to 'burnout' and was not in anyway meant to allude to a recurrence of cancer.

ridiculous. certainly you’re not comparing the plight of the homeless (their own doing or not) to that of PSU’s mens basketball coach…