PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

No 82 -0

LeBron and Wade combine for 14 TOs!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301026002

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:1418”]LeBron and Wade combine for 14 TOs!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301026002[/quote]

Clearly a case of looking past a lesser opponent and looking forward to their big showdown with the Sixers. :smiley:

The Dream Team lost to a team of college players in their first game. Its a team game, and they have to be able to play as a team.

That’s why we won’t see Kentucky win a title.

It’s going to be interesting to see if there’s finger pointing if their season is mediocre. As great as LeBron is, IMO, you just don’t want him handling the ball so much. Yes, as a 6’9" guy, he’s got a good handle(Willis Reed was 6’9"), but compared to shorter teammates? Not so hot. Miami was actually favored in the game. I see Harangody didn’t play.

In the Heat’s defense - not that they need me to defend them, but still - Wade is clearly not 100%, the team will take some time to figure out their identity, and they were playing the favorites in the East (and maybe in the NBA overall by some people’s take).

I don’t think anybody worth their weight in lebron bobbleheads has the Heat as a favorite in the east, even with the superstar trio. They literally have nothing else on that team until Mike Miller shows up. There was a huge overreaction to the three of them getting together, it’s not the big deal some of these guys have made it out to be. I’d take MJ, Pip, and Rodman over this new 3-musketeer act any day of the week, and nobody seems to throw a fit over them playing together all those years.

It was nothing that a game against the Sixers can’t cure.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:5, topic:1418”]In the Heat’s defense - not that they need me to defend them, but still - Wade is clearly not 100%, the team will take some time to figure out their identity, and they were playing the favorites in the East (and maybe in the NBA overall by some people’s take).

I don’t think anybody worth their weight in lebron bobbleheads has the Heat as a favorite in the east, even with the superstar trio. They literally have nothing else on that team until Mike Miller shows up. There was a huge overreaction to the three of them getting together, it’s not the big deal some of these guys have made it out to be. I’d take MJ, Pip, and Rodman over this new 3-musketeer act any day of the week, and nobody seems to throw a fit over them playing together all those years.[/quote]

The Celtics are absolutely loaded from top to bottom, even if they are really old. Allen, Peirce, Garnett, Rondo, … now they have Jermaine O’neil (from Wade’s Heat) and Shaq (from LeBron’s Cavs, along with Delonte West).

They have All-Stars that go 6 deep.