PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Nittany Nation

Probably mentioned here already but big kudos to those kids at the top of Conseco Fieldhouse who traveled to support the team. Anyone know if they are going to be able to make it to Tuscon?

Major kudos indeed. I got a laugh when I saw that an Orange Krush contingency had joined them over the weekend.

That was awesome. The Orange Krush and their hall of fame move two years ago is why college sports are great.

They are looking into it, from what I’m reading.

Not sure how the kids are gonna afford it though. :smiley:

The reality is that the students ultimately drive the “Fan Support” bus.

The rest of us do our best with $$ and mature cheers but its always been the students with the B+W body paint, the Nation shirts and the “I Believe” chants and signs that create the unabashed din that motivates the team.

Props to the Nation.

Here’s an article about their trip:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/03/14/Basketball_fans_at_the_Big_Ten_games.aspx

And apparently they’ll be featured on Big Ten Network’s “The Journey” on Wednesday night.

I was up there with them for the Wisky and MSU games. The Paint Crew(right next to them in the upper deck) and Ohio State fans helped them, too.

The Maize Rage, however were not interested in cheering for PSU at any time and therefore were subjected to an OSU led song about the state of Michigan by a combined PSU/OSU fan chorus.

Then as the Michigan fans were walking out, the Nation chanted at them like they had just fouled out of the game, “LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT.”

I
I believe
I believe that we will win

[quote=“Speed, post:5, topic:2154”]The reality is that the students ultimately drive the “Fan Support” bus.

The rest of us do our best with $$ and mature cheers but its always been the students with the B+W body paint, the Nation shirts and the “I Believe” chants and signs that create the unabashed din that motivates the team.

Props to the Nation.[/quote]

Sure, props for being there now. But why does it always take a run in March to get them motivated? Why aren’t they rocking the BJC all winter? It’s not like this team was ever that BAD that they should be ignored. And if nothing else, show up to see one of the most exciting players to ever play at PSU – in any sport.

6 of us are flying out of Pittsburgh tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately everyone else couldn’t make the trip simply because it’s too much money.