PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Nittany Lions give Ohio guard second look

Nittany Lions give Ohio guard second look
Jeff Rice
August 12, 2010 12:34am EDT

Trey Lewis had no trouble reading between the lines.

The combo guard from Garfield Heights, Ohio, had taken an unofficial visit to Penn State last September, taking in a Nittany Lions football game, and felt that his interest in the Big Ten program was mutual.

A month later, the Nittany Lions got a commitment from Lewis’ AAU teammate, another undersized guard named Trey Burke, and that interest waned in one direction.

Interesting that Alexis plays on an Ohio AAU team.

After reading the article I’m a lot more impressed with Trey. 6’1" with another 2" possible. Offensive minded PG, but explains that it was needed with his team last year and that this year he’ll give it up to his teammates more this year. I hope we got a gem.

There was a previous article that said he was playing AAU with Trey Burke. I think it was the Times Leader. Which I thought was a nice idea before Burke decomitted.

If there is one thing I like about our staff is how we recruit interchangeable pieces at the guard spots. Say Trey does grow 2" he could truly be a combo guard with no worries of being undersized at the 2. I guess we’ll see what type of PG Trey can be with a more experienced team.

PSU hasn’t had good luck with getting guards with late growth spurts though. Not sure the recruiting services can rate that:)