PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Nit

Three Big Teams in the NIT

Dayton at Iowa
Akron at Northwestern

And to me the most intriguing
Minnesota at LaSalle - Is Tubby ranting a little bit about being shipped out to Philly?

I just ordered my ticket and will be at the Minny-LaSalle tomorrow night. Not sold out yet, but the LaSalle folks think this will be a sellout. First postseason in 20 years, major conference opponent,they need to sell it out.

I think these will be some good games and I’m looking forward to being at LaSalle tomorrow.

UMass vs. Mississippi State was interesting. Went to 2OT.

And Iowa beat Dayton fairly handily.

Northwestern’s in a close one, up 1 point with 14 left in the 2nd half.

Part of me hope NW loses this game, so their season will be over and they can finally re-paint their hideously ugly floor.

[quote=“bstanf, post:2, topic:3174”]UMass vs. Mississippi State was interesting. Went to 2OT.

And Iowa beat Dayton fairly handily.

Northwestern’s in a close one, up 1 point with 14 left in the 2nd half.

Part of me hope NW loses this game, so their season will be over and they can finally re-paint their hideously ugly floor.[/quote]

I like their floor - but then again, everyone knows I’m a contrarian. ;D

Northwestern’s floor looks like a work of art compared to Oregon’s. That is the ugliest court I’ve ever seen.

+1

8 seed Bucknell upsets # 1 seed Zona in Tucson! :slight_smile:

All hail Bucknell, but how can the PAC 12 be this bad?

Muscala is amazing.

I agree with Tim though. The Pac 12 as a collective whole is absolutely terrible.

# 8 seed Bucknell upsets # 1 seed Zona in Tucson! :)

Muscala is amazing.

I agree with Tim though. The Pac 12 as a collective whole is absolutely terrible.

Talk about home cookin’ Moose’s last 2 fouls were questionable at best, and #5 was just horrible. To foul out arguably the most important guy on the floor all game with a call like that was just nuts. It DOES prove, however, that when the quicker team takes the ball to the rim, good things for them almost alwyas happen.

wonder what the graduation rate differential was?

# 8 seed Bucknell upsets # 1 seed Zona in Tucson! :)

All hail Bucknell, but how can the PAC 12 be this bad?

Considering the other 3 PAC 12 teams that made the NIT won their first round games, likely not as bad as you believe…

NU goes down @ Washington last night 76-55.

Another # 1 seed goes down, UMass 77 S. Hall 67.

The UMass win gives Drexel a chance for another home game to get to the NIT final four in NYC if they can beat N. Iowa in Philly tomorrow.

Drexels NIT game vs. N. Iowa will be on ESPN @ 11 AM today.
Bucknells game @ Nevada will be on ESPNU @ 3 PM & Iowa’s game @ Oregon will be on ESPNU @ 7 Pm.

This Iowa vs. Oregon game is crazy. 7:30 left and both teams are above 80 points.

Threes falling like crazy for Oregon.

Drexel wins today but Bucknell loses. Iowa also loses.