PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Next HC?

Who will it be (not who you want )?

I’m thinking Golden or Dan M.

Urban Meyer

[quote=“TreysWay3, post:1, topic:2788”]Who will it be (not who you want )?

I’m thinking Golden or Dan M.[/quote]

I don’t know how another coach will be picked. Who will interview the coach? Who will hire the coach? The University President, the Athletic Director, and the outgoing Coach will all be gone. Who will remain to steer the ship?

My guess, and this is just a gut feeling, whomever is the next coach will not be there long.

If it is a new hire, he is chased out early. If it is Bradley, he will be interum only.

I don’t see a home-run style hire. Seriously, who will want the job? You are replacing a beloved legend, and will be trying to recruit and coach at a school reeling from a pedophile sex scandal, replacement AD, alumni unrest, national shame, etc… What are your chances of success? Any coach who wants a future in this business wouldn’t touch this thing with a 10 foot pole.

I’m gonna’ guess Larry Brown might be able to step in for a year or two to try to get the program back on track. I know he’s announced interest on several radio programs, and there are reports Tim Curley has already had a conversation with him. This is a rough time to try to find a new coach. The coaching carrousel has already come to a stop. Kind of a surprise.

+1

Who will it be (not who you want )?

I’m thinking Golden or Dan M.

I don’t know how another coach will be picked. Who will interview the coach? Who will hire the coach? The University President, the Athletic Director, and the outgoing Coach will all be gone. Who will remain to steer the ship?

My guess, and this is just a gut feeling, whomever is the next coach will not be there long.

If it is a new hire, he is chased out early. If it is Bradley, he will be interum only.

I don’t see a home-run style hire. Seriously, who will want the job? You are replacing a beloved legend, and will be trying to recruit and coach at a school reeling from a pedophile sex scandal, replacement AD, alumni unrest, national shame, etc… What are your chances of success? Any coach who wants a future in this business wouldn’t touch this thing with a 10 foot pole.

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. I think a # of coaches will be interested in this jobs for many many reasons. Joe = gone, GS = gone, TC = gone, whole coaching staff also prob all gone. New coach can do it all his way

Thanks, for a good laugh! :wink:

[quote="TreysWay3, post:1, topic:2788"]Who will it be (not who you want )?

I’m thinking Golden or Dan M.[/quote]

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. I think a # of coaches will be interested in this jobs for many many reasons. Joe = gone, GS = gone, TC = gone, whole coaching staff also prob all gone. New coach can do it all his way

Also, following a legend usually means, in the immortal words of Tom Bradley: “Next guy in gets whacked.”

Following a scandal usually means you have some time, and latitude to shake things up.

Prior to the scandal I’d heard from some people in the know that Urban Meyer being the head coach next year was essentially a done deal. Let’s hope that hasn’t changed.

…not to mention all the recent rumor’s of title transfers, locally, to Meyer. crossing fingers That would go a LOOOOOOOONG way for PSU and this community. Not necessarily to forget something awful (I don’t think any of us will), but to focus on something positive and foward-looking.

More interested in who the next president will be.

My bet is it won’t be Herman Cain.

Not that I don’t want the best for PSU football in the long run, and I am sure many will disagree with me but something feels wrong to me to end up out of all this getting Urban Meyer. As many have acknowledged, this is one of the worst scandals surrounding a college football program in years, perhaps the worst. It dwarfs scandals like USC and OSU, which received will have to take at least a few off years for their transgressions.

If PSU gets Meyer next year, suddenly PSU football is in a better position than it has been for the past few years.
Doesn’t seem right.

[quote="Ajk822, post:9, topic:2788"]Prior to the scandal I'd heard from some people in the know that Urban Meyer being the head coach next year was essentially a done deal. Let's hope that hasn't changed.[/quote]

…not to mention all the recent rumor’s of title transfers, locally, to Meyer. crossing fingers That would go a LOOOOOOOONG way for PSU and this community. Not necessarily to forget something awful (I don’t think any of us will), but to focus on something positive and foward-looking.

Those rumors are complete bullsh*t.

I think I saw Rick Neuheisal in town yesterday. Was it for an interview? I heard from a reliable source that he had a real estate agent showing him some houses. At one point, he and Bill Cohwer were in a bidding war on the house across the street from Paterno. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone who know Urban’s history should realize that there is NO WAY he takes the Penn State job. It’s no secret that coming out of Utah, Urban had his choice of 2 jobs, Florida and Notre Dame. Anyone know why he chose Florida ? ???

More interested in who the next president will be.

My bet is it won’t be Herman Cain.

That 9-9-9 defense could be hard to score on.

[quote="Ajk822, post:9, topic:2788"]Prior to the scandal I'd heard from some people in the know that Urban Meyer being the head coach next year was essentially a done deal. Let's hope that hasn't changed.[/quote]

I think I saw Rick Neuheisal in town yesterday. Was it for an interview? I heard from a reliable source that he had a real estate agent showing him some houses. At one point, he and Bill Cohwer were in a bidding war on the house across the street from Paterno. :stuck_out_tongue:Anyone who know Urban’s history should realize that there is NO WAY he takes the Penn State job. It’s no secret that coming out of Utah, Urban had his choice of 2 jobs, Florida and Notre Dame. Anyone know why he chose Florida ? ???

I ALMOST bought the house across the street from Joe about 15-17 years ago. No kiddin. I had a transfer opportunity to SC. We looked at houses in town for a couple of days. That house was our 1st choice. Well…I decided against the transfer. The rest is history.

Tundra’s the next HC. I just heard from a reliable source that he bought the house across the street from Paterno.

I think I saw Rick Neuheisal in town yesterday. Was it for an interview? I heard from a reliable source that he had a real estate agent showing him some houses. At one point, he and Bill Cohwer were in a bidding war on the house across the street from Paterno. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone who know Urban’s history should realize that there is NO WAY he takes the Penn State job. It’s no secret that coming out of Utah, Urban had his choice of 2 jobs, Florida and Notre Dame. Anyone know why he chose Florida ? ???

Other than the fact that Notre Dame is the worst major (and quite possibly overall) head coaching job in the country?

I think I saw Rick Neuheisal in town yesterday. Was it for an interview? I heard from a reliable source that he had a real estate agent showing him some houses. At one point, he and Bill Cohwer were in a bidding war on the house across the street from Paterno. :stuck_out_tongue:Anyone who know Urban’s history should realize that there is NO WAY he takes the Penn State job. It’s no secret that coming out of Utah, Urban had his choice of 2 jobs, Florida and Notre Dame. Anyone know why he chose Florida ? ???

I ALMOST bought the house across the street from Joe about 15-17 years ago. No kiddin. I had a transfer opportunity to SC. We looked at houses in town for a couple of days. That house was our 1st choice. Well…I decided against the transfer. The rest is history.

It would be funny to see tundra last night, yelling at the hundreds of students “GET OFF MY #!@*&$ LAWN !!!” ;D

I sure hope it hasn’t changed. I could use something to uplift the dolldrums of these last 5 days.