New Soccer Coach - Maybe

This would be a Home Run for PSU

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=6507

Coach bio:

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89398&SPID=2518&DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1147729&Q_SEASON=2009

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:1182”]This would be a Home Run for PSU

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=6507

Coach bio:

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89398&SPID=2518&DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1147729&Q_SEASON=2009[/quote]

He’s denying it (sort of).

It’s official.

Bob Warming Named Nittany Lion Men’s Soccer Head Coach

Great news

“My entire family is excited about Penn State,” said Warming. “It was going to take a very special situation for us to ever leave Omaha.”

Sounds like a great hire. Kudos to Tim Curley!

Men’s lacrosse is next. Curious as to who that will be.

I am also curious. Lax could be very good program and just needs the right captain to steer it.

[quote="UncleLar, post:6, topic:1182"]Men's lacrosse is next. Curious as to who that will be.[/quote]

I am also curious. Lax could be very good program and just needs the right captain to steer it.

well, Glenn Thiel had the creds when he was hired, four score and seven years ago…

so, did Curley entertain Warming and his mom on the lido deck?

[quote="UncleLar, post:6, topic:1182"]Men's lacrosse is next. Curious as to who that will be.[/quote]

Wine shouldn’t be to far behind. I think when I took a quick glance he’s 153-175 in 6 years. They can and should want to do better than that :-\

Wine shouldn’t be to far behind. I think when I took a quick glance he’s 153-175 in 6 years. They can and should want to do better than that :-</blockquote>

Many years ago the Phillies had a line-up with the 7,8 and 9 batters were White, Wine and Boozer! :wink:

P.S. It was against a tough left handed pitcher so White batted “down” in the order.

Wine shouldn’t be to far behind. I think when I took a quick glance he’s 153-175 in 6 years. They can and should want to do better than that :-</blockquote>

Many years ago the Phillies had a line-up with the 7,8 and 9 batters were White, Wine and Boozer! :wink:

P.S. It was against a tough left handed pitcher so White batted “down” in the order.

Different Wine though. It was Robbie’s father.

I think I’ve discussed this before but “can and Should” for Men’s Lax is very much like the hoops program. We’ve never had a strong program in Men’s lax, so turning us around is not going to be easy. We don’t have any history of success in the sport (sound familiar??) The key is recruiting the Philly area (sound familiar??) The central part of PA just has not been a LAX area, despite being surrounded by the hotbeds of the sport in NY state and Md/NJ/N Va areas so we have some geography to overcome (sound familiar??)

As much as Lax has grown recently, this might be our best opportunity to turn things around. I hope we “get it done” but we’ll see…

I think I’ve discussed this before but “can and Should” for Men’s Lax is very much like the hoops program. We’ve never had a strong program in Men’s lax, so turning us around is not going to be easy. We don’t have any history of success in the sport (sound familiar??) The key is recruiting the Philly area (sound familiar??) The central part of PA just has not been a LAX area, despite being surrounded by the hotbeds of the sport in NY state and Md/NJ/N Va areas so we have some geography to overcome (sound familiar??)

As much as Lax has grown recently, this might be our best opportunity to turn things around. I hope we “get it done” but we’ll see…

well there are several ways to look at it…when Thiel was hired, he was both a Penn State guy and a big name, having won 2 national championships (1 USLIA & 1 NCAA) & 3 ACC titles at UVA…on the other hand, when he left UVA for Penn State, there were probably a bunch of Cav fans who said they should never have hired him in the first place since he was only using them as a stepping stone for his dream job

…Wine was not a penn State guy, but was an assistant for a pretty good college baseball program at OSU.

Don’t mean to be critical of Wine, but didn’t most people expect him to turn the program around? I mean, he is a big name and came from a quality program. Isn’t that the winning formula?