PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

New Name in Head Coaching Search

Talor Battle appears interested.

I don’t believe he’s ever been involved in any NCAA violations, and he’s taken his team to the NCAA as recently as this year.

News here:

Tweet by BubbyBattle @PSUSTRETCH hey stretch was wondering if I could run for the head coaching job? Haha

Damn you. I was going to start another deceptively named thread… Beat me to it. :smiley:

I think one day he might a very good coach but he should go play for a few years. No reason to start coaching until you have to.

How 'bout Jamelle? I always thought he’d make a great coach someday.

I’d like to see a Battle/Joe Crispin led team.

Would make for some pretty interesting offensive sets.

Would be a good idea in the next few seasons. Bring him in for some type of lesser assistant job that isn’t allowed to recruit. ‘Coordinator of Basketball Operations’

Might want to see Jamelle get some type of HS coaching job in PA first, though.

[quote="MarkH, post:4, topic:2446"]How 'bout Jamelle? I always thought he'd make a great coach someday.[/quote]

Would be a good idea in the next few seasons. Bring him in for some type of lesser assistant job that isn’t allowed to recruit. ‘Coordinator of Basketball Operations’

Might want to see Jamelle get some type of HS coaching job in PA first, though.

Doesn’t he already have B10 COTY on his resume? That’s not bad.

Melle tweeted this last week to some fans who were asking him about the job…

@KatieHuber19 @brandeeshiff My day will come, I know it will…and when it does “I WILL HAVE THE BJC ROCKKKKKKINNNN!” #2

I’d hire that Jamelle SOB as an assistant as soon as I got the job, I’ll tell you that. Go to war with guys like that.

[quote=“BeerNitLion, post:5, topic:2446”]I’d like to see a Battle/Joe Crispin led team.

Would make for some pretty interesting offensive sets.[/quote]

I can hear Bubby now: “you just take it to the logo and shoot from there–geez, what’s so hard about that?!”

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:5, topic:2446"]I'd like to see a Battle/Joe Crispin led team.

Would make for some pretty interesting offensive sets.[/quote]

I can hear Bubby now: "you just take it to the logo and shoot from there–geez, what’s so hard about that?!"

Well, that would definitely get Juwan Staten.