PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

New head coach speculation thread

Oh well, have at it!

I’m hoping for Coach K.

[quote=“tjb, post:1, topic:2403”]Oh well, have at it!

I’m hoping for Coach K.[/quote]

Too old. ;D

QUIN SNYDER… Coach K Understudy, Former Missouri Head Coach, Currently Assistant Coach with the 76ers.

Career Record: 7 Years, 128-96, .571 W-L%
NCAA Tournament Appearances: 4 (5-4, .556)

BRING HIM TO HAPPY VALLEY!!!

I just talked to my cousin about this and he suggested for Seton Hall coach Bobby Gonzalez

Larry Brown! Or did he end up somewhere?

Dean Smith.

Think of all the saved bandwidth now that Deadwood is Deadwood

No way.
Phil Jackson will be available and has a much better winning pedigree. Sure, he’s up there, but he could coach for a few years and hand off to Derek Fisher.

If this is a serious discussion, then shouldn’t we consider that most candidates will be filtered by their team’s graduation rates before we even look at their W/L%?

If this isn’t a serious discussion, then Brad Stevens as head coach, Bo Ryan as assistant coach emphasizing offense, Jon Chaney as a defensive consultant, and Jamelle Cornley as a motivational speaker.

Brandin Knight

Rollie Massimino.

I am going to shout this name from the top of a mountain until it happens:

CHRIS MOONEY!!!

State College would flood just from my tears.

Fred Hoiberg, obviously.

Shaka Smart

[quote=“rwd5035, post:12, topic:2403”]I am going to shout this name from the top of a mountain until it happens:

CHRIS MOONEY!!![/quote]

My 2, but probably a more conservative person’s 1.

[quote="rwd5035, post:12, topic:2403"]I am going to shout this name from the top of a mountain until it happens:

CHRIS MOONEY!!![/quote]

My 2, but probably a more conservative person’s 1.

I’m a liberal conservative independent, you can’t judge me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m personally a huge fan of Brad Stevens. I realize he’s under contract for the next 10 years but I don’t care, I’d throw the checkbook at him.

I feel safe in thinking that PSU isn’t throwing the checkbook at anybody. That’s going to be as big a constraint as graduation rates or anything else.

We are… Duke football ;D