PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

New HD Videoboards?

Looks like we might be getting new video boards at the BJC. http://www.anthonyjamespartners.com/projects/penn-state-university/new-single-ring-centerhung-scoreboard-and-led-fascia/
Given what happened last year, I’ll just be happy if we get boards that don’t malfunction and can show basic statistics.

Sorry if this has already been discussed; I haven’t had much time to browse here ever since starting my new job. I’ll hope to follow more once the season rolls around.

Probably in conjunction with Beaver Stadium getting new ones.

The new ones are already up in Rec Hall. They went up last winter. Looks like a big overall change. I haven’t noticed anything different in driving by Beaver Stadium though.

Maybe they’ll even add digital panels to the front of the scorer’s table…those things look so old compared to the LED ring around the front of the second tier in the BJC.

is it official that the Beav is getting new scoreboards?

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

I hate the ad ring on scoreboards. It seems so tacky. I hope they’re getting a bunch of money for it.

My complaint about the ribbon advertisement ring is that the reflection that it thrown on the court is distracting as all get out.

[quote=“bstanf, post:5, topic:2543”]Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

I hate the ad ring on scoreboards. It seems so tacky. I hope they’re getting a bunch of money for it.[/quote]

Eh it doesn’t look that bad to me. I think it’s worth getting nicer scoreboards.

From Tim Curley’s interview in the latest edition of Blue White Illustrated: “We also have plans to replace the video board at the Bryce Jordan Center for this next basketball season.”

With respect to Beaver Stadium, the plan appears to be to rebuild/replace the scoreboards as full video boards for the 2012 football season.