PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Need

Need some news. Which comes first, an assistant or a signing? Juwan doesn’t count!

I bet a signing because we know of visit being schedule and you know how they just pop up.

Henton is taking an official this Friday.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:2, topic:2344"]I bet a signing because we know of visit being schedule and you know how they just pop up.[/quote] Henton is taking an official this Friday.
I thought it was this weekend but I hadn't read it officially anywhere. I could see the DOB being named before an assistant is named.

for what it’s worth, the position was posted internally today. most likely will be posted externally on friday.

Assistant Coach (Men’s Basketball)

Work Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics, Men’s Basketball
Level/Band/Classification: 03 - J - Exempt

Penn State is seeking candidates for the job of Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball. Assist with coaching the Intercollegiate Men’s Basketball Team and scheduling contacts. Plan, organize and conduct recruiting campaigns. Coordinate game and tournament arrangements. Plan, organize and conduct team practices. Assist in game preparations and strategies. Develop new techniques and strategies. Assist in conducting clinics and workshops. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.

Can I nominate Lar? Maybe a write-in candidate?

Lar has driven through Philadelphia. He could bust that open.

[quote=“State4Life, post:6, topic:2344”]Can I nominate Lar? Maybe a write-in candidate?[/quote]No!!! Will never get the Philly recruits :wink:

He’d be too busy trying to pick up one of the cheerleaders. :wink:

[quote=“timauman, post:5, topic:2344”]for what it’s worth, the position was posted internally today. most likely will be posted externally on friday.

Assistant Coach (Men’s Basketball)

Work Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics, Men’s Basketball
Level/Band/Classification: 03 - J - Exempt

Penn State is seeking candidates for the job of Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball. Assist with coaching the Intercollegiate Men’s Basketball Team and scheduling contacts. Plan, organize and conduct recruiting campaigns. Coordinate game and tournament arrangements. Plan, organize and conduct team practices. Assist in game preparations and strategies. Develop new techniques and strategies. Assist in conducting clinics and workshops. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.[/quote]

Doesn’t that mean they have it wrapped up? I read a post awhile ago saying that job postings like this are a formality.

[quote="State4Life, post:6, topic:2344"]Can I nominate Lar? Maybe a write-in candidate?[/quote]No!!! Will never get the Philly recruits ;)
Just wondering... does being 'elderly' classify you as a minority coach?

yes, the postings are formalities for coaching positions, however, to cover themselves legally, they usually don’t start making any official contacts until after it is posted externally.

[quote="State4Life, post:6, topic:2344"]Can I nominate Lar? Maybe a write-in candidate?[/quote]

Lar has driven through Philadelphia. He could bust that open.

Hell I lived there - two years - Third and Arch.