PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

NEB football and hoops game

Our home games for NEB football and hoops will be the same day. Hoops game will be before or after the football game depending on kickoff time

??? You’re saying our Nebraska basketball game is the same day as the football game?

That would surprise me very much but I suppose it’s possible.

If true, the PSU AD better start marketing it now or we’re liable to have more Nebraska fans at the basketball game than PSU fans.

The ACC typically plays one conference game in the fall semester, I guess the Big Ten could be following the same idea with this, if true.

1st game of the season though?

I thought Hartford was supposed to be the same day as the PSU/UN football game?

It could be that cale1519 just worded his sentence poorly and meant Neb football and Hartford basketball games.

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:2552"]I thought Hartford was supposed to be the same day as the PSU/UN football game?[/quote]

It could be that cale1519 just worded his sentence poorly and meant Neb football and Hartford basketball games.

I was told NEB hoops but maybe you are correct it could be Hartford. Either way it is strange to me. Lots of talk of how ADA,founders and preferred will work.

FWIW, Nebraska basketball plays @USC on Monday Nov 14, so I doubt they’re in State College on the 12th.

I guess you are right. So it must be Hartford. Still on the same day as football will be a first won’t it? Parking and people that have season basketball ticekts with now football tickets will be in rough shape. I do not think Founder or Preferred can be set up. Also ADA parking could be an issue.

You guys think it is a good idea to do both the same day? I know they have tried Friday nights before football games but I do not know if they have ever done the same day.

FWIW, Nebraska basketball plays @USC on Monday Nov 14, so I doubt they're in State College on the 12th.

I guess you are right. So it must be Hartford. Still on the same day as football will be a first won’t it? Parking and people that have season basketball ticekts with now football tickets will be in rough shape. I do not think Founder or Preferred can be set up. Also ADA parking could be an issue.

You guys think it is a good idea to do both the same day? I know they have tried Friday nights before football games but I do not know if they have ever done the same day.

Nope, it was done at east once before.

OK with me. TRY TRY TRY to get fannies in the seats.
BUT, it might not be a good idea to give a breathizer test at the BJC doors!

[quote=“tundra, post:11, topic:2552”]OK with me. TRY TRY TRY to get fannies in the seats.
BUT, it might not be a good idea to give a breathizer test at the BJC doors! [/quote]

Offer free beer inside :slight_smile:

You have to think the Nebraska game will be 3:30. They should have the basketball game AFTER football at say 7pm. Probably a lot more likely to get people there afterwards in an effort to wait out traffic than beforehand.

It is Hartford and the game starts at 11:30am.

Yuck.

I like the time! I have a 3+ hour drive and I plan on being at PSU by 8:30 a.m.

It is Hartford and the game starts at 11:30am.

Yuck.

Agreed. It ought to be a post football game tip. Kids don’t get to the stadium on time for noon football games, so I seriously doubt many of them will make an 11:30 basketball start. Plus when it comes to a hoops game vs football tailgating, we all know what’s going to win out.

[quote="Chaze2k1, post:13, topic:2552"]It is Hartford and the game starts at 11:30am.[/quote]

Yuck.

Agreed. It ought to be a post football game tip. Kids don’t get to the stadium on time for noon football games, so I seriously doubt many of them will make an 11:30 basketball start. Plus when it comes to a hoops game vs football tailgating, we all know what’s going to win out.

I agree too. With Nebraska being a likely 3:30pm start, I’d much rather see the Hartford game being an 8pm tipoff.

Just pay $40 and I’m sure they will find you a spot a mile or so away. :frowning:

Maybe we can get that new admin/marketing guy to commandeer a golf cart and run a shuttle.

How many basketball-only fans are there?