PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

My goodness - PLEASE STOP

PSU just hired a new coach, starting a new era and this message board is full of the same old CRAP arguing…Please guys… Give it a break! Ed is gone…by his own choice. He was not fired! Ed moved on…why can’t the related posts (both good and bad!)

How about we talk about the future of PSU basketball…and put the past to rest!!

For once, you and I can see eye-to-eye tundra :slight_smile:

But unfortunately, that’s what message boards are meant to be. Platforms for people to beat a dead horse till he’s dead 100 times over. And then go to work on beating him to his 101st death.

Poor horse. 8)

The Amish ARE NOT going to be happy about this!

What specifically are you complaining about? The arguing about the plane? Or people thinking that PC can’t possibly bring about positive change? If so, then I got your back. It is getting old already.

Tundra is always good for a little irony. I guess we’re all to forget him being public enemy number 1 on the exact type of offense he’s so outraged by today?

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:2479”]PSU just hired a new coach, starting a new era and this message board is full of the same old CRAP arguing…Please guys… Give it a break! Ed is gone…by his own choice. He was not fired! Ed moved on…why can’t the related posts (both good and bad!)

How about we talk about the future of PSU basketball…and put the past to rest!! [/quote]

Perhaps because some think the problems left with ED, while some think ED left but the problems remain.

[quote="tundra, post:1, topic:2479"]PSU just hired a new coach, starting a new era and this message board is full of the same old CRAP arguing.....................Please guys...... Give it a break! Ed is gone......by his own choice. He was not fired! Ed moved on.....................why can't the related posts (both good and bad!)

How about we talk about the future of PSU basketball…and put the past to rest!![/quote]

Perhaps because some think the problems left with ED, while some think ED left but the problems remain.

Point taken, Lar.

And then some people will never be happy unless PSU makes a trip to the Final Four every other year.

[quote="tundra, post:1, topic:2479"]PSU just hired a new coach, starting a new era and this message board is full of the same old CRAP arguing.....................Please guys...... Give it a break! Ed is gone......by his own choice. He was not fired! Ed moved on.....................why can't the related posts (both good and bad!)

How about we talk about the future of PSU basketball…and put the past to rest!![/quote]

Point taken, Lar.

And then some people will never be happy unless PSU makes a trip to the Final Four every other year.

They’d still have the alternate years plus the reasons we didn’t win it all to argue about. ;D

Point taken, Lar.

They’d still have the alternate years plus the reasons we didn’t win it all to argue about. ;D

Amen to that.

Point taken, Lar.

Amen to that.

If we ever get to Pitt’s level, imagine our frustration at not getting to the Final Four every year.

The gap between making the Final 4 every other year and what we’ve accomplished as basketball program is equally as big as the gap between Peyton Manning and Jay Paterno as quarterbacks.

When the program is in the basement of the Big Ten routinely, to say fans won’t be happy with anything less than Final Four’s every year is ridiculous.

If Chambers in the NCAA’s 2/3 out of every 5 years with a decent seed every now and then, I’ll take it.

Right now we are a once a decade a program.

Let’s just see what happens. Complaints are kind of useless when your new coach has not coached a game or recruited any players.

He’s been part of the Nittany Lion family less than a week!

I’ve been following PSU basketball for 40 years, since my late father took me to see Ron Brown and the Nittany Lions back in '71. Plenty of fun and plenty of frustration over the years.

I like what I hear and see from Coach Chambers.

Let’s be hopeful and just see. No matter what happens, someone will be frustrated. At this point, it’s a little ridiculous.

I’m excited. Should I stop posting that because a lot of other people did?

What’s interesting about this thread it asks people to stop arguing - the point is that everyone has a right to post their thoughts and opinions - why should they stop just because we’ve already posted ours?

If I miss out on my pennstatehoops fix for a couple of days, then come in and read something I strongly agree with or disagree with I’m going to post…

Just sayin’…

;D