My fear

I fear that Ed may ride this program back down where it was when he took over. Not because he does not try hard, but because the recruits may run. After next year things may be pretty bare. At that point when a change is made, we will be in the situation where there is nothing to attract another coach. If we invited a coach to start next season, it would be a lot more appealing. I know this won’t happen, and I can just see history repeating itself.

I am hoping for the best, but not expecting it.

[quote=“chicago lion, post:1, topic:668”]I fear that Ed may ride this program back down where it was when he took over. Not because he does not try hard, but because the recruits may run. After next year things may be pretty bare. At that point when a change is made, we will be in the situation where there is nothing to attract another coach. If we invited a coach to start next season, it would be a lot more appealing. I know this won’t happen, and I can just see history repeating itself.

I am hoping for the best, but not expecting it.[/quote]

Overreact much?

They have only played FIVE Big Ten games!! They are just one game under .500

Maybe if this team is winless by the end of February, you can start whining about how they should replace DeChellis. It won’t happen, but you can whine for it.

I will be amused if they win a few games in a row, just to see everyone swing back the other way in their opinion of Ed and the team.

[quote="chicago lion, post:1, topic:668"]I fear that Ed may ride this program back down where it was when he took over. Not because he does not try hard, but because the recruits may run. After next year things may be pretty bare. At that point when a change is made, we will be in the situation where there is nothing to attract another coach. If we invited a coach to start next season, it would be a lot more appealing. I know this won't happen, and I can just see history repeating itself.

Overreact much?

Maybe if this team is winless by the end of February, you can start whining about how they should replace DeChellis. It won’t happen, but you can whine for it.

I will be amused if they win a few games in a row, just to see everyone swing back the other way in their opinion of Ed and the team.

Captain Cranky - let’s touch base when PSU is staring at 1-11 next month.

[quote="chicago lion, post:1, topic:668"]I fear that Ed may ride this program back down where it was when he took over. Not because he does not try hard, but because the recruits may run. After next year things may be pretty bare. At that point when a change is made, we will be in the situation where there is nothing to attract another coach. If we invited a coach to start next season, it would be a lot more appealing. I know this won't happen, and I can just see history repeating itself.

Overreact much?

Captain Cranky - let’s touch base when PSU is staring at 1-11 next month.

OK, fair deal. If they are 1-11 at the end of next month, then we can touch base. But until then, people are being a bit ridiculous with all the anti-DeChellis rhetoric!

Cranky were you around when Dunn situation was going on?

I have a good feeling that’s why everyone is so hyper about what’s going on now and remember how bad it got just right after something really good.

[quote=“chicago lion, post:1, topic:668”]I fear that Ed may ride this program back down where it was when he took over. Not because he does not try hard, but because the recruits may run. After next year things may be pretty bare. At that point when a change is made, we will be in the situation where there is nothing to attract another coach. If we invited a coach to start next season, it would be a lot more appealing. I know this won’t happen, and I can just see history repeating itself.

Seek psychiatric help.

Seek psychiatric help.

Congrats on being a jerk.

IF things were to really go down hill, gotta get rid of ED. We’ve rid this horse for a long time and it hasn’t gotten us very far.

Well given some of the front office assets and other non personnel improvements that have taken place since ED is here, it’s not quite as bad as PSU once was. That said, he’s gotta start winning or he’ll get the hook.

ED…29-76(28% winning percentage) in conference record. Any questions?

My fear is if Curley and friends decide to let Ed go at some point, they will hire someone with penn state basketball ties.

How very true, but there cannot be that many out there.

Battle enters the draft.

NOT a stretch at all. I definitely think Talor is a 1st round pick.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:13, topic:668”]Battle enters the draft.[/quote]Come on Kid there is no way Talor is entering the NBA draft. I love Talor (not as much as you) but there is no way he is NBA caliber right now.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:13, topic:668"]Battle enters the draft.[/quote]Come on Kid there is no way Talor is entering the NBA draft. I love Talor (not as much as you) but there is no way he is NBA caliber right now.

Agreed. I worry more about Buie reneging on his deal.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:13, topic:668"]Battle enters the draft.[/quote]Come on Kid there is no way Talor is entering the NBA draft. I love Talor (not as much as you) but there is no way he is NBA caliber right now.

you are a fool. Buie signed a NLI. he would need PSU approval to be released.

I understand, but I don’t think PSU would force Buie to come if he changes his mind.

I understand, but I don’t think PSU would force Buie to come if he changes his mind.

ok.

Is there another college DI player who’s had three 30+point games this season?

Is there another college DI player who leads his team in points, rebounds, assists and steals? Evan Turner if steals are excluded.

Just askin…

This thread was “My fear” and that’d be it. It depends on what he wants to do, IMO.