Msu

When the hell is the game? I thought it was tomorrow. Saw the paper today and they had the line in for today but instead of a point spread they had PPD. The homepage has today. And ESPN has it scheduled for Thursday. I just want to make sure I don’t miss Kalin vs Talor Round 2.

I’m pretty sure it’s Thursday at 7pm. It makes sense since they want to give PSU the good ol’ less-than-48-hour turnaround between BigTen game 17 and 18, just like last year.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure.

I’m surprised that it took over a week for the Oliver Stones to notice.

[quote="PSUChamp08, post:2, topic:904"]I'm pretty sure it's Thursday at 7pm. It makes sense since they want to give PSU the good ol' less-than-48-hour turnaround between BigTen game 17 and 18, just like last year.[/quote]

I’m surprised that it took over a week for the Oliver Stones to notice.

I’m sure that if this game was on Wednesday on the BTN, we’d hear about how the Big Ten doesn’t look out for PSU and never puts them on national TV.

Who is doing the game? Lavin?

Ohhhh Nice! This game is on ESPN2! I didn’t realize that. I thought it was BTN! I am so glad! The cable where I’m at now doesn’t offer BTN. Great news. Now I don’t have to go to a bar to watch this game!

Thanks for the info frats. It must have just been announced for ESPN2. I’m pretty sure it was originally supposed to be on BTN. Maybe due to PSU’s recent play and MSU’s win over Purdue they put it on ESPN2.

Who are they?

I’m pretty sure that ESPN could give two sh*ts about what the turnaround time for PSU’s next game is. Since they are the ones who scheduled the game, I can only assume that’s who the “they” are that you are referring to.

[quote="frats, post:5, topic:904"]I'm sure that if this game was on Wednesday on the BTN, we'd hear about how the Big Ten doesn't look out for PSU and never puts them on national TV.[/quote]

Ohhhh Nice! This game is on ESPN2! I didn’t realize that. I thought it was BTN! I am so glad! The cable where I’m at now doesn’t offer BTN. Great news. Now I don’t have to go to a bar to watch this game!

Thanks for the info frats. It must have just been announced for ESPN2. I’m pretty sure it was originally supposed to be on BTN. Maybe due to PSU’s recent play and MSU’s win over Purdue they put it on ESPN2.

It wasn’t scheduled for any network. The last week of the season is a wild card week when ESPN and CBS get to choose the games, dates, and times that they want.

Just an FYI that the network was announced when the game time was announced. It’s the networks that basically drive the game times this last week (ie. the networks have all of the TV slots reserved all season, it’s just a matter of figuring out which games they want in which slots).

Cry me a river. ::slight_smile:

Last time I checked the NCAA Tournament holds games with a 48 hour turnaround during the first weekend and during the Sweet 16. Why not cry about that if the Lions ever actually make the tournament with Ed as a head coach?

While you are at it, why not complain that the Big Ten Tournament makes teams plays games one day after each other, for either 3 or 4 straight days!

Just more of a heaping helping of excuses from the “1001 lame reasons why Penn State didn’t make the NCAA Tournament Handbook in 2009”.

[quote="PSUChamp08, post:2, topic:904"]I'm pretty sure it's Thursday at 7pm. It makes sense since they want to give PSU the good ol' less-than-48-hour turnaround between BigTen game 17 and 18, just like last year.[/quote] Cry me a river. ::)

Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid… Rally the Spikers, Spike the Kool-Aid! “Down with optimism”.

When Spike the Kool-Aid see facts, response is “Cry me a river”!!! Like a record going round and round. On with the Kool-Aid Spiking Rally!

Last time I checked the NCAA Tournament holds games with a 48 hour turnaround during the first weekend and during the Sweet 16. Why not cry about that if the Lions ever actually make the tournament with Ed as a head coach?

Spike, that’s it! If you ain’t spikin, you must be cryin’! Okay, well what the heck does the NCAA Tournament have to do with the regular season? We are talking about the regular season. And by the way, this wasn’t even a complaint, it was merely a reminder to me that the game was thursday because I remember weeks ago the fact that we had a 48 hour turnaround. You see things like that as a complaint because as a kool-aid spiker, you seek out opportunities to spike things and call people on things, whether they exist or not. And that’s all fine and dandy, but yeah I was merely informing that I remembered the thursday - saturday situation again this year, since there seemed to be some doubt over when the game was. Purely informative, but twisted through your words to appear as a complaint.

While you are at it, why not complain that the Big Ten Tournament makes teams plays games one day after each other, for either 3 or 4 straight days!

Why not? Because that would totally make no sense. An attempt to be sarcastic and stretch the fabricated picture you paint. You can’t stretch something that isn’t there, but as I’ve said before, whatever floats your boat.

Just more of a heaping helping of excuses from the "[b]1001 lame reasons why Penn State didn't make the NCAA Tournament Handbook in 2009[/b]".

Where is there an excuse regarding PSU making the tournament last year? There are no moral victories at PSU. Again, this is in regards to the scheduling of a game, a fact, and no where in your quote did I even slightly make an excuse or complain. But thanks for chiming in. I know how hard it must be for you when PSU is on a winning streak. The fact that you gotta grasp at straws like this fits your viewpoint, so at least you have some measure of consistency.

Just more of a heaping helping of excuses from the "[b]1001 lame reasons why Penn State didn't make the NCAA Tournament Handbook in 2009[/b]".

Where is there an excuse regarding PSU making the tournament last year? There are no moral victories at PSU. Again, this is in regards to the scheduling of a game, a fact, and no where in your quote did I even slightly make an excuse or complain. But thanks for chiming in. I know how hard it must be for you when PSU is on a winning streak. The fact that you gotta grasp at straws like this fits your viewpoint, so at least you have some measure of consistency.

Are we really in such a bad state that one win is a winning streak? ::slight_smile:

[quote="PSUChamp08, post:2, topic:904"]I'm pretty sure it's Thursday at 7pm. It makes sense since they want to give PSU the good ol' less-than-48-hour turnaround between BigTen game 17 and 18, just like last year.[/quote] Cry me a river. ::)

Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid… Rally the Spikers, Spike the Kool-Aid! “Down with optimism”.

When Spike the Kool-Aid see facts, response is “Cry me a river”!!! Like a record going round and round. On with the Kool-Aid Spiking Rally!

Spike, that’s it! If you ain’t spikin, you must be cryin’! Okay, well what the heck does the NCAA Tournament have to do with the regular season? We are talking about the regular season. And by the way, this wasn’t even a complaint, it was merely a reminder to me that the game was thursday because I remember weeks ago the fact that we had a 48 hour turnaround. You see things like that as a complaint because as a kool-aid spiker, you seek out opportunities to spike things and call people on things, whether they exist or not. And that’s all fine and dandy, but yeah I was merely informing that I remembered the thursday - saturday situation again this year, since there seemed to be some doubt over when the game was. Purely informative, but twisted through your words to appear as a complaint.

Why not? Because that would totally make no sense. An attempt to be sarcastic and stretch the fabricated picture you paint. You can’t stretch something that isn’t there, but as I’ve said before, whatever floats your boat.

LOL. That’s all there was during the 0-12 losing streak. The “Kool-Aid” drinkers cried and wailed all along about how the team “looked good” despite loss after loss and how they were “better” than their record. It was nothing but moral victories.

You can color your twisting and turning all you like. Your whining about the “less-than 24 hour turnaround” is just more of the same crying that abounds with Kool-Aid drinking PSU fans.

No we aren’t in such a bad state. We’ve won 3 out of the last 4 games. The last game we won was a convincing win. Nothing bad about that. 1 in a row or 3 out of 4, however you look at it, it was easier for a guy like spike the kool-aid to generate credibility with his viewpoint during a 12 game losing streak then it is when you’ve won 3 out of the last 4. I try to stay neutral and present facts and observations through an objective lens. I don’t drink cool-aid nor spike it. Tonight i’ve been drinking some tea. Just regular ol’ hot tea. But I do believe in the team and hope to see the team have some success.

There’s nothing sad about being on a one game winning streak. It’s not a statement of anything in particular. We should be glad that they team is showing some heart and signs of improvement. That’s all.

My God, I don’t know what would happen then if an “extremely optimistic” or “positive” PSU fan posted on these forums. :o

Spike, i’m not really against anything you’re saying. Basically some of the stuff you state has value. I don’t think saying the team is “better” then their record automatically means your a “kool-aid” drinker as you put it. i think it just means they’ve been close, they could have won some games but they lost. If the team got blown out in every game, then perhaps that would be a cool-aid drinker, but that wasn’t the case in most of those games during the streak. The difference between now and then was now the “moral” victories have turned into real actual victories. And not even against the last place teams or something. But against teams with winning records in the middle of the pack. Now PSU moves up to the top of the top. Now instead of playing middle of the pack BigTen teams, PSU has to play two teams tied currently for 1st place. So the pressure now builds for the fans in anticipation of the matchup because it’s against great, not just good teams.

I don’t have to color anything. Only you know your intentions and only I know my intentions. The only difference is you seem to call out anything that remotely resembles something that could fit your opinion. And as I’ve said before, it’s no sweat on my back, it’s rather interesting to me if nothing else.

Even right there you say it’s whining about a “less-than 24 hour turnaround”. It’s just hard to take you too seriously because it’s just one exaggeration after another. Since it’s regarding a 48 hour turnaround, I don’t know even if you mentioning the 24-hour turnaround is merely a typo or just another stretch of your exaggeration. But even in your painting of intentions, it’s hard to believe that even you believe that there was any whining or complaining involved. Anyone with common sense can see clearly that it was an informative response to when the MSU game tips off.

A 48-hour turnaround is a tough thing to do during the regular season. It’s not a complaint, but merely the reality of the situation. A statement of fact. I wasn’t like “boy the scheduling Gods really screwed us over again”. That would be a complaint. Information is different than a complaint. Don’t shoot the messenger. The BigTen tournament is consecutive days but that’s really the only time in the entire season teams play games on consecutive days .(Ivy League do play Friday & Saturday regular season back-to-back games, but those are usually the only two games they play that week. And that is the one league that doesn’t play a conference tournament) And the difference is at the BTT, there the teams don’t have to travel in between games. All the games are in the same arena, so it’s somewhat more manageable from a logistics standpoint then having to play, travel, then play the next day. Last year was arguably tougher playing the late game against Illinois, then having to travel out to Iowa City. This year they are coming home. That’s just the luck of the draw. I could complain about the fact that the BigTen plays an 18 game conference schedule with no tangible benefit as the ACC only plays a 16 game schedule, but I don’t do that because it serves no purpose to do so. The facts surrounding something that may be fair or unfair doesn’t mean informing others to that reality is complaint or constitutes whining. It’s just the reality of the current situation. A message in a bottle. A poem that could be interpreted in various ways. We all see things differently spike.

I’ve never quite understood the need for anyone that believes that Ed isn’t the answer to label anyone that wants to give him the rest of this year (or another year for that matter) as a “Kool Aid Drinker” or “Apologist” or someone that “cares more about Ed than Penn State”. Can’t someone just have an opinion without getting some label put on them? If someone doesn’t agree with you, they are an “apologist”? If someone thinks that Ed deserves another year, then they obviously don’t care about PSU hoops? I just don’t get it.

Are we really in such a bad state that one win is a winning streak? ::)
[b]I try to stay neutral and present facts and observations through an objective lens[/b].

Thanks. I heartily welcome the great guffaw I had at this statement.