PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Msm

The Mount is 1-8 which is really unusual for a team that is often in the NCAA tournament. Their one win is over Hartford. They lost to Navy, Siena, and St. Francis (NY) and got pounded by Marquette and Minny. Interestingly, they only lost to MD by 3.

Not very big, shoot a lot of threes (doesn’t everybody). 40% from the field, 34% from three land, and 62% from the foul line. Leading scorers are Norfleet (guard) and Barber (F).

Should be a W for us - we can really use a W.

[quote=“Great Santini, post:1, topic:2919”]The Mount is 1-8 which is really unusual for a team that is often in the NCAA tournament. Their one win is over Hartford. They lost to Navy, Siena, and St. Francis (NY) and got pounded by Marquette and Minny. Interestingly, they only lost to MD by 3.

Not very big, shoot a lot of threes (doesn’t everybody). 40% from the field, 34% from three land, and 62% from the foul line. Leading scorers are Norfleet (guard) and Barber (F).

Should be a W for us - we can really use a W.[/quote]

Three times in the last twenty years, once in the last decade. ???

They’ve appeared less than us and I sure wouldn’t say that we are “often in the NCAA tournament”.

[quote="Great Santini, post:1, topic:2919"]The Mount is 1-8 which is really unusual for [b]a team that is often in the NCAA tournament.[/b] Their one win is over Hartford. They lost to Navy, Siena, and St. Francis (NY) and got pounded by Marquette and Minny. Interestingly, they only lost to MD by 3.

Should be a W for us - we can really use a W.[/quote]

Three times in the last twenty years, once in the last decade. ???

They’ve appeared less than us and I sure wouldn’t say that we are “often in the NCAA tournament”.

The only thing I can think of is he may have had the Gaels in mind. They are often in the tourney, especially this decade.

Mt St Mary’s has had a pretty good hoop program for a long time. They were on my college choice list more than 40 years ago. At that time they had 2 players in the NBA.

We just need to win, that’s all I’m going to say.

Looks like dozens took advantage of the double header deal

A pretty uneventful start.

Did this announcer just imply that we didn’t deserve to dance last year?

PSU just going through the motions.

Where are all the PSU fans today?

Only 7 members of the board on here today? At least there are 40+ guests.

…and no IGT?

I know the team is struggling, but the lack of interest being shown by some of the most fervent of PSU basketball fans is very disappointing. :frowning:

PSU is lucky they’re playing MSM today because otherwise they’d be getting torched.

Saw no point in starting an IGT when nobody was here to talk about it with. And the game itself isn’t really burning anybody for not watching/going… pretty boring stuff.

I think so…But, I wasn’t totally sure. My ears were closing as announcers were starting a Ed lovefest.

We picked our first illegal screen foul. Travis. But, it was a soft foul. He leaned in , JUST a little.

“And there’s Frazier’s first assist to an interior player”

Nope. Sasa’s hesitation canceled out the assist.

[quote=“Pure Energy, post:10, topic:2919”]Where are all the PSU fans today?

Only 7 members of the board on here today? At least there are 40+ guests.

…and no IGT?

I know the team is struggling, but the lack of interest being shown by some of the most fervent of PSU basketball fans is very disappointing. :([/quote]
Was listening to game while tiling the shower. ;D

Sasa is getting better. I feel much more confidence when he has the ball now than I did even 3 weeks ago.

Team definitely has woken up in the second half

This is good for the guys. They needed to smoke somebody, I don’t care whom. PC pretty much stuck to 8 in the rotation, but Graham will be needed for B10 play.

Mmmm… Free Big Mac for my face. Thank you PSU hoops team for shooting well today with only 1 minute left

Solid 2nd half. Our defense just wore out MSM.
I agree that we needed a “feel good” win!