Mood on Campus

I’m a big PSU football fan, but I have to admit that I haven’t been this psyched for PSU basketball at this time of year ever.

Anybody want to gauge the mood of the student body on campus for hoops or is football dominating now?

I did note that BWI lists the basketball and football recruits at the football games now.

Everyone’s pretty stoked and focused on football still, but I have already overheard numerous students talking about hoops on campus. That’s new - normally PSU hoops is the last thing on people’s minds at this time, especially with the Phils about to start the playoffs and football in the top 10.

I’ll say that the mood is at least not dead right now, which is a refreshing change.

And I’m sure no one is going to be mistaking Talor for a member of the football team. :wink:

There was plenty of hoops talk at my tailgate this past Saturday. Thought it was quite refreshing.

[quote=“bem5047, post:2, topic:20”]Everyone’s pretty stoked and focused on football still, but I have already overheard numerous students talking about hoops on campus. That’s new - normally PSU hoops is the last thing on people’s minds at this time, especially with the Phils about to start the playoffs and football in the top 10.

I’ll say that the mood is at least not dead right now, which is a refreshing change.[/quote]The way the Phils are playing lately you might have to cross them off and pencil the fish in :’( Let’s hope not !

A good friend of mine and myself were talking on the Loop, and my friend says to me ‘it needs to be basketball season, I’m done with football already’…that comment certainly got us a few stares on the bus. :smiley:

Maybe he’d rather see you tackle somebody. :wink:

eric, how about checking out Taran Buie at the open gyms at SCAHS? Here’s the sked. Tonight at 6:30, Saturday 9-11. Some guys on this board should actually play still. sugarjoz, you still around playing ball?

http://www.scasd.org/24974091585055/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58045