PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Minny @ hoosiers

End of 1st Indiana whooping the Gophers.

Pritchard has a Brookesque putback dunk off a rebound. Man do I wish we would have won that battle. He would look pretty good in Blue and White right about now.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:1, topic:1893”]End of 1st Indiana whooping the Gophers.

Pritchard has a Brookesque putback dunk off a rebound. Man do I wish we would have won that battle. He would look pretty good in Blue and White right about now.[/quote]

I took Minny. I think they come back…maybe hope they come back. Notice IU is playing a box and one on Hoffarber? IMO, while losing Joseph and Nolen hurts Minny, it can really help Hoffarber. I think his stock likely to really rise. Tubby’s put it on his shoulders.

Indiana wins by 3.

Minny looks very vulnerable w/o Nolen. Hopefully Jeff Brooks’ has some bionic DNA

Hoosiers dump the Gophers. Gophers are hurting without Joseph and Nolen. They have backcourt woes and we have frontcourt woes. Should be interesting.

As I said before I think it’s fair to think we will take 1 of our 2 games against them. A sweep can not be out of the question.

Meanwhile, Iowa up 22 on MSU already

We need to get Brooks back and healthy first

I’m just going to come out and say it. They are not a good basketball team and i don’t think they make the tournament this season. I think we take their usual spot.

[quote="Tom, post:6, topic:1893"]Meanwhile, Iowa up 22 on MSU already[/quote]

I’m just going to come out and say it. They are not a good basketball team and i don’t think they make the tournament this season. I think we take their usual spot.

Iowa wins by 20. MSU goes to Wisky Sunday, before we get them next week. Minny gets OSU next. We need to take care of business against Michigan and hopefully have Brooks back for the MSU game. The way things are falling, is it possible to go 9-9, finish 5th, win just 1 BTT game, and get in?

It is possible mid court. However, it would really depend on what other bubble teams too. To be a lock we need 10 wins and 1 BTT win.

Iowa wins by 20. MSU goes to Wisky Sunday, before we get them next week. Minny gets OSU next. We need to take care of business against Michigan and hopefully have Brooks back for the MSU game. The way things are falling, is it possible to go 9-9, finish 5th, win just 1 BTT game, and get in?

9-9 puts us at 16-13, that ain’t going to go get it done.

9-9 puts us at 16-13, that ain’t going to go get it done.

If we get lucky at 9-9 with tiebreakers, get a first round bye, win 2 BTT games to get to the finals, then I think 9-9 gets us in. Otherwise, probably not.

9-9 is not the end of the world, but obviously PSU will need to make noise in the BTT.

I used to think that getting Indy and Iowa only once was going to hurt PSU’s chances, since the committee won’t take that into account even if we do finish with a .500 record in conference. Now that might be a blessing in disguise with the way these two teams are playing right now.

The 2000-2001 solution then :slight_smile:

If we get lucky at 9-9 with tiebreakers, get a first round bye, win 2 BTT games to get to the finals, then I think 9-9 gets us in. Otherwise, probably not.

The 2000-2001 solution then :slight_smile:

This team only wishes they had a win at Rupp Arena under their belts.