Michigan State at The Citadel?

Anyone know why Tom Izzo scheduled this game?

By the way, Michigan State losing 29-28 with under 5:00 to go, 1st half. :o

Pat Conroy is his favorite author and he wanted to play on the same campus that inspired The Lords of Discipline and in the same gym that was the setting for his autobiographical My Losing Season?

Izzo has never ducked a challenge in the presesaon and that goes beyond just playing some big boys in tournament. He’ll play in some tough road environments…remember his national title team lost at Wright State in December.

MSU up 4 at the half…I’ll be they wear down The Citadel in the end.

I actually like the idea of such games. You schedule a road game you are likely to win – and a road win helps the RPI more than a neutral site or home win – and get more experience playing away from friendly confines. Plus, make it a home and home and you get a home game without having to pay a guarantee. I’ve been thinking that PSU should make an effort to play one very winnable road game a year intentionally.

[quote="Captain Cranky, post:1, topic:439"]Anyone know why Tom Izzo scheduled this game?[/quote]

I actually like the idea of such games. You schedule a road game you are likely to win – and a road win helps the RPI more than a neutral site or home win – and get more experience playing away from friendly confines. Plus, make it a home and home and you get a home game without having to pay a guarantee. I’ve been thinking that PSU should make an effort to play one very winnable road game a year intentionally.

Not disagreeing with ya. Just wondering why at The Citadel? By the way, my question was answered last night by the color man, former Alabama head coach Mark Gottfried.

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: